2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get it from your perspective, but with no investment in any team other than the Lions I just like to see shit teams pull off a huge upset.

Trust me, I suffered from years of Matt Millen and it was like every shitty years I kept saying "Atleast Millen is gone at the end". Unfortunately they took way too fucking long to realize that. I'm still not sure if I'm sold on Jim Schwartz, but I feel the team has too much talent for me to be saying "Shit, I hope they lose so that we broom these guys". I am hearing that anything short of a playoff win is enough to get this coaching staff run out of town though.

Edit - In response to Mick.

Nah. Tampa (BAY! BAY! BAY!) will definitely get a win somewhere. And Jaguars are bound to stumble into one.

There have been so many terrible teams in recent memory, but there's only been that one 0-16 team. Not saying it can't happen, but the odds are against it. It's just like when people get so wrapped up in teams that are 12-0 or 13-0 and think they'll go 19-0. People forget that games are never a foregone conclusion in this league.

Poor, sad, little VP actually had to sit through a winless season.

Yes I did. It's what makes me so rabid when we do win...or when we lose games we should win. (and if you're trying to be a funny guy, I'll just go dig up some Michigan/Notre Dame photos you dirty bastard :pervert: ).

But I'll tell you what, that 0-16 season is a fucking disgrace, but it did make us shitty enough to draft Matt Stafford. He's been criticized, but the dude is the best QB the Lions have ever had and I feel pretty good with him at the head of this team. He's only 25, he could be even better when he hits his prime.

It's unclear. It seems his heart is okay, Wade Philips mentioned it just might be exhaustion. The only thing anyone knows is he was in pain, but not sure what kind of pain. They took him to the hospital for precautionary reasons.

So we're gonna close the "best QB from the class of 2012" debate for good now, right?

At the very least, Russell Wilson is still in thtat conversation.

RG3 isn't. Ugh...:(

My post was meant to imply I think it's a bit too early to say that he's completely out of it but he certainly has not had a good year.

I'm agreeing. I'm not saying RG3 won't bounce back, but dude has just not been the same guy this year. He's regressed as Wilson and Luck have grown.

See, most people are able to get away with this stuff by just being more careful about disguishing their involvement. if he'd been a bit more undercover about it all we likely wouldn't even have a story.
  • Like 3