2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

So if the Cowboys miss the playoffs and Tony Romo is the usual December Romo, its gotta mean he gets released and Garrett gets fired, right?

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially not for old ass Monte Kiffin.

Great win by the Bears. Eagles face AP-less Vikings (maybe minus Gerhart too) next week, while the Cowboys might see the return of Rodgers. Things are shaping up rather nicely.

And I've started McCown in Fantasy for the last three weeks. The last thing that I ever expected to be able to say is "Josh McCown led my fantasy team to the playoffs"

So if the Cowboys miss the playoffs and Tony Romo is the usual December Romo, its gotta mean he gets released and Garrett gets fired, right?

Hahahahahahahahaha. He's in year one of a massive new 6 year deal, Romo isn't going anywhere. And when that deal ends, the Cowboys will only be in a worse spot because they never develop the QB position. It's going to be just like the post-Aikman seasons all over again.

So glad I stayed up to watch that game. McCown has surprised me with his competent play (although that spell where he nearly threw 3 picks on 5 passes nearly gave me a heart attack) and it's great seeing Alshon Jeffrey develop into Brandon Marshall 2.0.

What I wouldn't give for a semi-competent run D though, there's barely any point hoping for a playoff spot the way they defend the ground game.

FUCK, I think i've just missed playoffs in the euroleague because of that two-point conversion.

I think you're against me.

Starring Drew Bledsoe!

Bledsoe was one of the better post-Aikman QBs.

And this absolutely should be the season that causes the Cowboys to clean house. They could have had the division sewn up by Week 7, given how atrocious the other NFC East teams were. Instead, they'll end up in a must win game week 17, which they will lose.

But nothing will change, we'll keep running the same old, uncreative offense and trot out a shitty defense with a terrible secondary. Every year, rinse and repeat.

Starring Drew Bledsoe!

Bledsoe was one of the better post-Aikman QBs.

And this absolutely should be the season that causes the Cowboys to clean house. They could have had the division sewn up by Week 7, given how atrocious the other NFC East teams were. Instead, they'll end up in a must win game week 17, which they will lose.

But nothing will change, we'll keep running the same old, uncreative offense and trot out a shitty defense with a terrible secondary. Every year, rinse and repeat.

Maybe. If they lose this week to the Packers (pretty much contingent on Rodgers coming back and playing at a high level), the Eagles could very realistically have the division sewn up before week 17.

Bears/Eagles week 16 has been flexed to SNF.

It's possible, but odds are on the side of the more dramatic, stomach punch scenario, because its the Cowboys. I bet they torch the Redskins in week 16 and then give up 35+ to the Eagles.

So glad I stayed up to watch that game. McCown has surprised me with his competent play (although that spell where he nearly threw 3 picks on 5 passes nearly gave me a heart attack) and it's great seeing Alshon Jeffrey develop into Brandon Marshall 2.0.

What I wouldn't give for a semi-competent run D though, there's barely any point hoping for a playoff spot the way they defend the ground game.

FUCK, I think i've just missed playoffs in the euroleague because of that two-point conversion.

I think you're against me.

Yeah but I lost two on the bounce to close the season and ended up in the consolation instead of the proper playoffs :(

http://blogs.delawareonline.com/firststatefocus/2013/12/09/lions-and-eagles-and-snow-oh-my/

An article by one of the sideline photographers from the Eagles/Lions Snow Bowl with some truly beautiful pictures

120813_EaglesLions_KRG1542.jpg

• Like 5

Well predictably the Bears look stupid for starting Cutler over a guy who was playing like one of the best QBs in the league.

Yeah :( I also look stupid for following their example and doing the same thing. Come on Cutler! There is only one name left on my list! I have to finish this!