2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just spent a half of football wondering who this new reciever on the 49ers was.

I just now realised it was Michael Crabtree :blush:

I'm going to sound like a broken record, because I'm sure I say this every week, but our defense is atrocious. It will be our downfall in the playoffs. We won't be winning a Super Bowl with a defense like this. When Ryan Fitzpatrick lights up your secondary, you're not even a decent defense.

Pass interference is getting a bit silly. Almost every incomplete pass you'll have the receiver waving his arms for a flag and too much of time he'll get it.

That was too close a call to call it like that. When the game is on the line, you have to let them play too.

Well, the 1:00 games were the craziest set of early games that I ever remember watching.

Eagles have to be a top 5 team in the league now, right? The defense is legit, Shady's the best running back in the NFL, and even when Foles plays bad (because of the weather), he's still pretty good. Off the top of my head, I still say Seattle, Denver, and Carolina are probably better, but it wouldn't be a stretch to rank them right alongside KC or the Saints.

How could the Ravens clear their field but Philly couldn't?

Sorry for the double post, but it's snowing a lot worse here than it was down there - we got like 10 inches, pretty much all of it during the game. We were only supposed to get flurries starting at 3, so I assume they were a little bit unprepared.

Well, the 1:00 games were the craziest set of early games that I ever remember watching.

Eagles have to be a top 5 team in the league now, right?

No. Denver, KC, New England, New Orleans, Carolina, Seattle, San Francisco. In no particular order.

They won today in a freaky snowstorm and actually had the momentum shifted their way when they failed to get a two-point conversion, but Detroit was called on a penalty that didn't actually happen. I don't think Detroit is all that impressive, but winning in conditions like this doesn't prove a whole lot.

Eagles have to be a top 5 team in the league now, right?

No. Denver, KC, New England, New Orleans, Carolina, Seattle, San Francisco. In no particular order.

They won today in a freaky snowstorm and actually had the momentum shifted their way when they failed to get a two-point conversion, but Detroit was called on a penalty that didn't actually happen. I don't think Detroit is all that impressive, but winning in conditions like this doesn't prove a whole lot.

They also fought back from down 14 in those shitty conditions. The penalty wasn't a great call, but Detroit let the Eagles run for over 200 yards in the fourth quarter.

Bigger picture, they haven't allowed more than 20 points since a bad loss to the Broncos in week 4 (longest active streak of 20 points or less), and have a top 3 offense in the league. There's an argument that they're a top 5 team.

I forgot about the Patriots, but I think when it comes to Carolina or SF, it could go either way. New Orleans is better, unless they're playing in weather. Not saying it's indisputable, but you could argue the Eagles are a top 5 team in the league and not sound like a complete crazy person.

7-1 when Foles plays the majority of the snaps.

You could argue the Eagles are a top-five team if you're an Eagles fan. Not if you're looking in from the outside. :P

I disagree. 3rd ranked offense in the NFL, 5 straight wins, and a defense that isn't letting teams score. I'm an Eagles fan, definitely, so I'm a bit biased, but this team has been among the best in the NFL over the past month and a half. When all of the power rankings come out this week, most will probably rank them in the top 8, I would guess, depending on what happens tonight/tomorrow.

Either way, I'm having fun this season, so if I'm being a little bit delusional, don't mind me.