2013 NFL Season Thread

Lint

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No postseason Bird Bowl, oh well. I imagine the Saints will do better this time than they did last time but still no reason to not feel confident in a win.

(which means we're gonna lose)

Decided to venture over to the Eagles forum and some of their reactions are pretty over-the-top. You'd think they'd be excited after a great first season under Chip Kelly but nope. It's fire this guy or that guy. Not all of them, but a few are pretty funny.

On FB, search up EaglesZone if you want to see a mixture of some respect and some major idiots from their fanbase....Talk about some of them being infuriating

Why do other teams fans have to instigate against Eagles fans who were actually classy? I hate seeing this as its trying to make the better fans of the team into the aholes the rest of the fan base is with their pride set free....

Made a comment on Facebook about the classy Eagles fans and naturally I now have one trying to justify it saying "we only boo on key downs. players 'getting injured' on key downs is getting old."

Their fans annoy me to the point where I'd honestly rather the fucking Cowboys get another dynasty run before the Eagles win one SB.

I agree, actually. This fanbase doesn't deserve a title, despite what they'll tell you.

Oh, and apparently Ric Flair flew into Green Bay to give the 49ers a pep talk. OT Anthony Davis kindly referred to Green Bay as a "shit hole". Classy.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDavis76/status/419677660344631297

Eh, it kind of is. Take away the Packers and there's nothing there that anybody would come in and be like "oh, this is nice!".

Granted it's not a huge deal or anything, and dude is certainly entitled to his opinion but referring to a city as shit hole is hardly tactful and reads as a cheap shot. I imagine he's pissed about playing in the cold ass weather, which is probably why he said it.

That KC collapse was fucking hilarious. The worst coaching job of Andy Reid's career, and that's saying a lot. Burning a timeout when you're coming out of the 2 minute warning? How? How is that possible?

Eagles weakness this year was forcing teams off the field, and it bit them in the ass at the end. They're a strong secondary away though, really the only massive hole on that team.

Granted it's not a huge deal or anything, and dude is certainly entitled to his opinion but referring to a city as shit hole is hardly tactful and reads as a cheap shot. I imagine he's pissed about playing in the cold ass weather, which is probably why he said it.

I imagine it is the cold, especially since it being so cold does little to make anything look prettier in the first place.

Oh by the way guys, this year the Eagles home opener was against the Chargers. I completely forgot about this.

Start planning the parade, San Diego.

And Kansas City now owns the longest postseason losing streak in NFL history with 8. Related note, Cincy can make it 6 straight tomorrow. The streak for the Bengals began with the game where they ended Bo Jackson's career. That's more like a curse.

And, finally, here's the front page of the KC Star tomorrow. https://twitter.com/jeff_rosen88/status/419682893560954881/photo/1

Takeaways:

1) Probably shouldn't have booed Saints players getting hurt. Don't be upset when you hear about snowballs at Santa tomorrow on ESPN, fellow Eagles fans.

2) Someone above said it, and they were right: Getting teams off the field on 3rd down has been rough all season.

3) After our secondary being bad all season, it was the run and fucking Mark Ingram that beat us tonight.

4) Fuck Alex Henery. Dude's awful.

5) The last 2:00 of the game in the Linc tonight felt like a half hour. Everything after the Ertz touchdown was pure torture.

Also, some idiot called into WIP right after the game and said they should've put Vick in at halftime. FUCK YOU, GUY.

• Like 5

I am anti-Philly fans. I hate the Vikings, Bears, and Packers more than anything, but their fans are good people compared to Philly fans. That said, I do feel for PatDaMan, he's a good guy and should not be held to the same standard that insane Philly fans are held. Good on you Pat. Were you an insane ECW fan in the 90s?

Also, as much as the Lions made me want to vomit, the Chiefs made me feel better. Sorry Chiefs, I feel for you. I love the NFL, and I love the NFL playoffs. It's weird, every year I'm always thinking "God I wish the Lions were winning in this game right now", but my love of the NFL playoffs always makes me feel better about how shitty my team is. I really wish I didn't have a team because of how much I just love watching two playoff teams battle it out in an exciting thriller. At the same time, I hold out hope for my team someday winning a fucking playoff game.

I am 28 right now. If EWB is still around when I am 38, you guys remember this post. Surely the Lions will have won a playoff game by the time I am 38? Right? Maybe? Hopefully?

Aw fuck. Probably not, 50 years and all. In all seriousness, I fucking love the NFL, and I love playoff football, there is nothing like it in all of pro sports for me.

• Like 4

I am 28 right now. If EWB is still around when I am 38, you guys remember this post. Surely the Lions will have won a playoff game by the time I am 38? Right? Maybe? Hopefully?

EWB in ten years is a weird thought. I'll be almost thirty. Most of you guys will be almost or over 40. We'll all be griping in The Ring about how stale Roman Reigns or Big E. Langston or Bo Dallas or some NXT fucker is after holding the world title for 2 years straight or some shit. Triple H will still be shoehorning himself into the main event of WreslteMania XL. Football-wise, Aaron Rodgers will be retired. Oh god that is a scary thought.

EWB in ten years is a weird thought. I'll be almost thirty. Most of you guys will be almost or over 40. We'll all be griping in The Ring about how stale Roman Reigns or Big E. Langston or Bo Dallas or some NXT fucker is after holding the world title for 2 years straight or some shit. Triple H will still be shoehorning himself into the main event of WreslteMania XL. Football-wise, Aaron Rodgers will be retired. Oh god that is a scary thought.

The last time they won a playoff game, Kerry Von Erich was alive. So...yeah, not much faith here in Detroit winning a playoff game :shifty: .