Football Manager 2014

Dan

So after only plaing FM13 in Classic Mode i will no start a FM14 game in normal mode after owning the game for a cupple of weeks by now. Opose to my normal "go on hollyday wait for a job from a league as low as possible" this time i only alowed second devisions but also added a bunch of leagus from all over the world (south africa, south korea, argentinia ect.)

Simulation just reached august so this likely will take a while.

//Edit//

Tuen Mun Sport Association (currently 12th of 12 in the first Honk Kong League) offers me my break into the Footy Bizz!

Nearly completed all the challenges...Financial Storm is a bastard. An absolute bastard. Started as Spurs and got my wage budget into the black etc but i still wound up failing after the first month

I think that one and Top Division Underdog are the only two I need to do. Let me know if you have any success with it, cause it's killer with Chelsea

Still on FM12 doing my Bohemians experiment. Noticed that I have in six years gotten the Airtricity League to a point where it has gained an extra Champions League spot.

After a 2-1 away defeat to David Moyes' Spurs, my Man Utd side are currently joint top with Chelsea and Everton in early January. Playing 4-3-3 (4-5-1) and struggling to get my strikers scoring. Hernandez has 7 and Van Persie 10 - Kagawa has 11 from midfield and Rooney 5 from wide. I've had the most joy playing my lone front man as a false 9, but still can't seem to get them scoring consistently.

That said, the team have been fairly consistent as a whole and we've gotten most of our more difficult games out of the way. Brought in Will Hughes from Derby in January for 12 million and may have to play him sooner than expected as Kagawa has gone down for 4 months :(

Is that 4-DM-CMx2-Wingers-ST?

I'm having a torrid time getting a striker to score with that. I used Gazz's suggestion to add individual instructions to all my players - so everyone had retain possession and I set my GK to "Distribute to defenders" and everyone who COULD have it had "Fewer Risky Passes"

I was absolutely crushing possession - I averaged over 60%, and I was never lower than 60% against any team not named PSG, OM, OL...and I forget the other really good French team. Wasn't really scoring very reliably though. Most of my scoring was done via wingers dribbling into the pitch and making sharp-angle shots. Also my CD is among my top-3 scorers just from corners (I seem to do pretty well with my custom corner tactic). My strikers were always sub-6.6 ratings and would almost never score.

I've changed a few instructions, allowed the wingers and CMs to take some more chances and changed my ST to Target Man and told him to shoot more often. Hopefully this will make them play more balls into the strikers and get them pinging some goals in. I set these changes before bed last night so had no chance to test them. Hoping they make the difference for me.

Yeah, same formation. Don't really know what else I can do. I'm reluctant to change from false 9 as the rest of my team is doing fairly well. I've given my Striker instructions to shoot less often, to cut down on range range shots. At least Van Persie is racking up the assists. Doing ridiculously well from corners too. Stuck a man on the keeper and set it to aim at 6 yard box.

Lone strikers struggle as they get little support. The poacher role is completely useless for one. With a false nine, try supporting him with an AMC.

It's weird because Poacher could be amazing on FM13 (or was it 12?). When I had Torres scoring bucketloads (including the wonderful 5 against Dortmund) he was always set as Poacher...

Now it seems that even with the same formation (lone striker with three AMCs behind), the striker will mostly wander around uselessly. More realistic I suppose. <_<