Football Manager 2014

Dan

They were top in my game until new year. I started their downfall by beating 'em 2-1. But, for some reason, they'd signed Emile Heskey and were playing him on the left wing :lol:

Well clearly we can see the problem then.

The other eleven weren't giving him the ball enough. :shifty:

• Like 2

They were top in my game until new year. I started their downfall by beating 'em 2-1. But, for some reason, they'd signed Emile Heskey and were playing him on the left wing :lol:

I think this might be a problem :shifty:

• Like 1

I think this might be a problem :shifty:

:shifty: ...I was including the manager.

• Like 1

I started a game with a start date of December 2013 and had a similar issue. Arsenal/Liverpool/Man City etc. were all fighting relegation. I thought it was a fluke until I clicked through the next set of games, then got a load of messages about Liverpool's summer signings (Toure/Aspas and co) making their debuts. I went back to check and a lot of teams had been basically using a load of youth players in their starting line-ups until I started the game.

I put about 5hrs into FM 2013 (with updated data) yesterday, carrying on my United game which is still in its first season.

A mixed bag with around 10 games left.

I finished 2nd behind Basel in my CL group, after losing my final 2 games. Got paired with Atletico, beat them 4-0 at OT in the first leg. Lovely.

Took them far too lightly in the 2nd, and found myself 4-0 down til Zaha scored in the 90th minute meaning I scraped through. Dortmund are up next in the QF.

Got to the CoC final against Chelsea. 3-0 up, and again couldn't hold onto it (got 4pts from them in the league). Finished 4-4 and then thought I'd won it in ET, but Ba scored with the last kick, and made it 5-5 going into pens, which they won.

A few games ago, City avenged my 3-0 OT win with a 2-1 win at the Etihad, leaving me 3pts clear, with far superior GD after 29 matches. My hardest game left on paper is Arsenal away, but they're ninth and have sacked Wenger already.

Notable signings;

Nicholas Otamendi (because I always get him)

Oscar Cardozo (bought in January. A beast on the game)

Seamus Coleman (8.75m from Everton. Bit of a steal. They're 18th)

Victor Wanyama (Paid about 16m, but one for the future)

Out;

Young

Welbeck

Anderson

Fletcher

Rio (Swansea loan)

Hernandez (couldn't really resist the 22m bid from Bayern)

All in all, I've spent less than I paid. Just how I like it.

Edit: Oh, the FA Cup!

It took replays against Cardiff and Stoke, and now I have an upcoming semi-final with Man City. Spurs v Liverpool is the other one.

Just finished 4th in 2015/16 with Fulham, after being predicted to finish mid-table. The annoying thing is that I was 2nd for a fair time, but ended up finishing 4th by losing to Cardiff on the final day, when I could have been anywhere from 2nd to 4th. More Euro qualifying for me.

I beat Man United, the top team, twice. I also let in the least goals of any team. Just lost and drew some stupid matches due to lack of goals.