Football Manager 2014

Dan

2013, but I'll put it here.

I tried a little experiment yesterday to see how my FIFA UT would do as a team on FM.

As I use the Genoa home and away kits, they were my team of choice.

I removed every player already there over the age of 22 and replaced them with;

Buffon; Abate, Chiellini, Barzagli, Criscito; Muller, Gotze, Kroos, Gomez, Schurrle; Cavani

Plus guys like Santon, Ogbonna, Bender, Drogba and Dzeko in reserve.

Would they do well?

The answer was no. Shockingly bad in fact.

I managed 1 league win in 7. It was strange. Whatever I tried didn't seem to work. Players were getting around the 7 rating each game, yet they weren't 7's in front of my eyes.

So it begs the question...

Is it the team rep/ability that matters most, as opposed to the players? I kinda figured if I'd done this with say, Juve, I'd have been getting the results.

Well there is a woodwork bug in there.

I started my career game last night, let the game pick my team by random, okay, Partick it is. Let's make a good impact with this team despite looking like we will be lucky to stay up and let's be sensible about this.

Ten minutes later I am after getting Jari Litmanen on board. :facepalm:

I've come up with a cracker of a tactic.

I call it the Christmas Tree.

It's early days but the proof is in the pudding and I've just stuffed PSG as Newcastle. Even Cisse is scoring the gift wrapped chances HBA is creating.

I've come up with a cracker of a tactic.

I call it the Christmas Tree.

It's early days but the proof is in the pudding and I've just stuffed PSG as Newcastle. Even Cisse is scoring the gift wrapped chances HBA is creating.

I made something like this once in a previous game... 4-3-2-1, all down the middle?