Football Manager 2014

Dan

Crossing on this is like on Fifa, you can have four attackers in the box and one defender and you can absolutely guarantee the cross will land on the head of the defender without him having to move.

Crossing on this is like on Fifa, you can have four attackers in the box and one defender and you can absolutely guarantee the cross will land on the head of the defender without him having to move.

I'm worried I've done my usual, insofar as buying players for the sake of it, selling players for the sake of it, and ending up with a team that will struggle to compete. I think I've bought better, but my first game of the season ended up being a 2-2 draw against Crystal Palace. The saving graces from the game were that it was away from home, I had been 2-0 down, and scored both goals when down to 10 men.

Started a game as Chelmsford City the other day (Mrs MJB is currently at Uni there) and it's all gone brilliantly so far. Finished as champions in the first season with 34 wins out of 42 games. Lost in the final of the FA Trophy to Grimsby but the big story was my run in the FA Cup. Wrexham, Plymouth and Peterborough were swept aside before I met Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the 4th Round. We took the lead in the first half but despite my GK getting an 8.9 rating, we still lost 3-1. But hey, the money helped a lot.

Now in the Conference Premier and although we got off to a slow start with three draws and a loss in our first four games, we then won the next six on the trot and currently sit second with a game in hand. Hoping to win the FA Trophy this season and it would be incredible to have another big tie away at one of the big six (City, Utd, Arsenal, 'Pool, Spurs, Everton).