Football Manager 2014

Dan

No no, when not in possession, Anita drops back into a back three with the wing backs protecting the flanks. Tiote drops into the DM position and the front three stay forward as an outlet fed through Cabaye. HBA drifts around doing whatever the fuck he likes, Remy (who usually plays as a false 9) pulls the opposition defenders out of line and Zaha sweeps in behind them for HBA's through balls.

It's basically a 3-4-3 on attack and a 5-3-2 on defence.

There should be a transfer target section somewhere, where you can add players to it.

I've only ever found it useful when I couldn't negotiate an absolute tit of an agent down, not much of a help on transfer fees. This is all on 13 though!

I've put together a pretty competitive Fulham team in the two seasons I've managed them.

GK: Stekelenberg/Ruffier

DR: Adam Smith/ Dja DjeDje/Jebbour/Andre (only have so many because they are versatile - most play more than one position)

DC: Hangeland/Burn/Vergini

DL: Malone (doesn't often play - my DR's can often play DL)

DM: Defour/Mulumbu/Krychowiak

MC: Hughes/Chantome (and any of the DM's, as they play both positions)

AMR: Pizzi/Plumain

AML: Alvarez/Kacaniklic

S: Guidetti/Zivkovic/Dembele

Guidetti is a beast. Have won the FA Cup first season and the League Cup second season. Just tonked Real Sociedad 6-0 in the Europa League, which has spawned this post. 6 goals, 6 different goal scorers.

Got bored, so I decided to take all Premier League players, number them, and pick out a team of 24 from them all. I'll replace Palace, and see how well I do. Here's the team:

Julián Speroni
Anders Lindegaard
Michel Vorm
Joe Bennett
Ashley Cole
Aaron Hughes
Matija Nastasić
Dedryck Boyata
Fábio
Maya Yoshida
Ben Davies
Gary Medel
Michael Essien
Michael Carrick
Darren Fletcher
Steven N'Zonzi
El-Hadji Ba
Roland Lamah (on loan from Osasuna)
Kevin Nolan (captain)
Gabriel Agbonlahor
Fraizer Campbell
Luis Alberto
Luciano Becchio
Dani Osvaldo

Aside from Osvaldo, I may need a few more strikers, but I'm happy that I can get mid-table quite easily here. We'll see.

Left Stoke after two years. My first year with them involved winning the Championship, and the second year led to a nice midtable finish in the Prem. Man City finished just above me in 8th which led to Pellegrini's sacking, and in the inevitable managerial merry-go-round I took over the reins at Arsenal. Got them at the top of the table after 12 games, things are looking good!

And it's really nice to see Stoke building on what I started. They've made a few decent signings and are currently 6th. I'm proud.