Football Manager 2014

Dan

I've decided I like this. The change from sliders on the team instructions (and probably player, haven't checked) screen to just statements you select was a little disappointing at first (especially as there is afaics no counter attack option) but aside from that it's great. I especially like how negotiations and stuff are conducted from within the inbox page..

Started as Clyde. Expected to finish last in League 2. Four games in, knocked out of the Challenge Cup, though the board expected that. Shocked League 1 Ayr in the League Cup 1st Round and drawn both league games.

Kevin Watt is my god, five goals in four games. Everyone else combined has 1

Either Newcastle players are particularly stubborn or it's become decidedly less easy to palm off players who want to leave with "don't worry, be happy" or "I'm the boss, so hush" type responses.

Newcastle players are more French, ahem, stubborn.

Have there been match engine changes between the beta and full release? I've noticed a fuckload more stupidity from players in the few games I've played since the switchover.

e.g. players dribbling and somehow losing the ball against their own feet...continuing to run, stopping a few yards on, standing there for a moment while their brain works...and then moving very, very slowly back in the direction of the ball. Which of course is picked up by an opposition player before he gets there. <_<

14.1.3 Changelist

Match v1427

- Improved player rating system

- Improved use of subs in FMC match plans

Performance

- Fixed lag/crash in the Steam Workshop with lots of custom graphics installed

- Fixed crash launching game when user has removed public documents folder

- Fixed match viewer graphical corruption on some non-English language Linux systems

Transfers

- Tuned AI opening offers & negotiations

In-Game Editor

- Fixed text bleeds in some non-English currencies

- Fixed club finance values resetting in some non-English currencies

Standalone Editor

- Fixed player data tabs when editing multiple players

Data

- Fixed some incorrectly set Norwegian wages

- Fixed some international records not displaying

Misc

- Stopped Paul Robinson being bitten by his pet dog

:(

Joe Kinnear signed a player! :w00t:

Wilfried Zaha. :)

Who scored a hat trick in the first 16 minutes of his debut! :w00t:

Against St. Mirren. :shifty:

• Like 1

Just a heads up, if anyone hasn't updated to 14.1.3.

Don't.

The match engine is horribly broken, full backs literally do nothing anymore.

I lost 7-2 away at Blackburn in the league cup last night, playing as Liverpool. Literally all 7 goals came from situations where all of my defenders managed to get back (ie I wasn't caught on the break) and they just managed to waltz through my entire team without any tackles made. I couldn't even muster up my usual FM rage, it was so surreal.

Loving 14 so far on the whole, though. Just seems sleeker, and I'm glad to see sliders completely done away with so it's a bit more realistic.

Plus, Keisuke Honda available for 1.1m at the start of the game is pretty nice.

Edited by Pesci