Football Manager 2014

Dan

Well I was actually planning to get it for you next week (without checking the thread, thought i'd said the week before release. Wasn't planning on double-checking the lot description), but you can go kick rocks now. Bloody-well wait. Up yours, Gazz!

• Like 4

Only played friendlies thus far but haven't noticed anything terrible about the matches as yet.

The one thing that does annoy me is that the only way I can play the game in Windowed mode (something I'm just used to these days because I flick back and forth to the internet when playing and doing this via a full-screen game is sooooo irritating...) requires making the game text REALLY REALLY SMALL and ridiculously so. I guess this is because it doesn't seem to allow the same lower resolutions that FM13 did and so they're still trying to jam too much stuff onto one screen. There are some people already whinging about this on the SI forums though so hopefully it will get fixed upon 'proper' release.

Otherwise there are bits of the interface that seem weird but I'll no doubt get used to them.

I think before the patch you couldn't use Windowed mode at all. The patch now allows you to use Windowed *IF* you set the text to 0.75 zoom, which is what makes it really really tiny (see SI thread about it here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/364108-New-Instructions-on-how-to-Enable-Windowed-Mode-in-the-FM-14-Pre-Release-Beta-PLEASE-READ).

At least there don't seem to be the kind of obvious match engine problems we've had in the past - like making it inexplicably impossible for your team to score against anyone in any circumstances. A tight 1-0 game against AS Monaco and a 6 goal thumping of Ebbsfleet implies some semblence of balance in this too.