Electronic Entertainment Expo 2013 (E3)

King Ellis

It would be a slight knock on the service after however many years of Sony themselves and it's fans being all 'We're free! Xbox Live suckers!'

But it's still a great package and I've always defended Xbox Live because it is a very reasonable cost spread out over the year. Not to mention if you can pick it up cheaper than it's RRP via re-sellers, which I assume Sony will keep up with into this gen with PS+ and PSN gift cards etc.

That and the lack, so far, of a price are the only things I can say against it. If they'd gone through that whole speech and said 'And multiplayer is STILL free. AND we're only $400!' then it would really have been game over.

To that end, I know this is a big title and all, but I think it would have made for the craziest end to the show if that 'Xbox knockout' had gone last. Unless they have something just as big to end like undercutting the Xbox's price.