Electronic Entertainment Expo 2013 (E3)

King Ellis

Man, if Gaikai included games from your PS+ collection, that'd be siiiiiick. Hell, if it could somehow authenticate your PS3 discs...

But, yeah, it does feel really strange to have witnessed all that. Obviously Microsoft feels there's a big market out there outside of us 'in the know' gamers, the type who will buy Xbox One regardless of it's stance and used games and what not. It's hard to imagine that they haven't done massive amounts of research to find out if this shit will fly with people but seeing it from that gamer community and just this complete and utter rejoicing and reveling in the end of the show, pretty fucking crazy. That's what I was saying before with the ending. When people look back now to past E3 moments, to game reveals and such and see the crowd go wild, like how we'll reminisce on a wrestler's big return or a pop when they win a title, if they'd had the big speech, price reveal and then a fade to black to the sound of a horde of fans chanting 'Sony', that would have made just the most amazing clip.

Given the hole that MS dug themselves into in terms of their reputation with gamers, it's not like they did a bad job with their show. They showed some great titles and, frankly, I was a little disappointed with what Sony had on show tonight for the first half or so of the show because a lot of it was just repeats but that ending just tied everything together.

Just crazy man. :blush:

• Like 1

I'm still on the fence....mostly because I never cared all that much on the used games front. The price though will make it a tough decision. Either way, I won't be getting whichever one it is until six month after Launch. That's about how much live I have left.

Also, will there be a party chat type thing on the PS4?

Edited by buck44

A part of me feels like Sony had an inside man working at Microsoft this entire time. Ever since the 360 took out the PS3 at the very beginning. A man who had to change his identity. He had to say good bye to his wife and kids with a promise that he will come out of this experience a rich man.

He was a man who had to suffer through trials and tribulations. Had to hear about Microsoft wishing to gouge their fanbase and lead them astray, but couldn't say a word. He just took notes and gave them to his handler.

Yesterday, he walked out of Microsoft, and ate a burger at his favorite burger joint. A burger joint he hadn't visited in years.

That burger tasted like victory.

• Like 17

In my constant search for parity, since no one seems to have made it a thing, I just wanted to remind everyone that Sony too have run afoul of the 'exchange rate' and that the $399 price tag works out at roughly £256. So, like the Xbox, roughly £100 difference.

Just wanted to point that out given some of the 'I'm not buying something that's cheaper in America' reactions.

US will always get things for cheaper. I feel for people in UK and Europe who always have to deal with higher prices, but there are a lot of factors that go into us Yanks getting better deals on things.

If it makes up for anything I'll be driving 5 miles to pick up my PS4 and I live in a major metropolitan area.

You'll have to subscribe to play online? ugh. You bought the system, you bought the game, you pay for your internet. You shouldn't have to pump more money in monthly to play with friends online. That's the main reason I never considered X-Box in the past.

You'll have to subscribe to play online? ugh. You bought the system, you bought the game, you pay for your internet. You shouldn't have to pump more money in monthly to play with friends online. That's the main reason I never considered X-Box in the past.

Shun the non-believer! SHUUUUNNNNNNN.......

You're paying them for the use of the servers.

I'll still be getting the PS4 because X-Box is shit and I've had all the other Playstations. I just won't be playing online.

They make their money, they can bite the bullet like they have been.

It's less than $5 a month and you get free games and a tons of discounts and the ability to play a game and talk with someone across the country as much as you want. Come on Kirkland!

• Like 2

I'll still be getting the PS4 because X-Box is shit and I've had all the other Playstations. I just won't be playing online.

Well, that is hardly true. The 360 has been a wonderful system, and, in my opinion, the best console of this generation.

Kirkland, do you have any idea how much it costs to run servers for millions of gamers? Something tells me it's a little bit more than the $5 a month that they're asking you for (and that $5 gets you free games and deals on newer ones).

The free online was always just there because Sony had no idea how to handle online when the PS3 started up. Then they realized we like content and will pay extra for it. Playstation Plus was the moment when I felt Sony turned the tide this generation, I'm glad they're making it mandatory it's doing everyone a favor by giving them access to a truly spectacular service.