Electronic Entertainment Expo 2013 (E3)

King Ellis

My internet derped at the end, did they say anything of note after the price?

The Sony guy brought out an XBox One and danced on it to close the show.

• Like 5

Sony played that perfectly. No one is going to be talking about charging for online after the crazy amount of positive PR they just created. They didn't just beat Microsoft, they destroyed them. Cheaper, focused on games, used games allowed, no online required for single player titles. So perfectly executed. Did we get a release date though?

EDIT: Holiday season. At this point, all they need to do is release it a little before the Xbox One and that'll be that.

My new theory is that Xbox and Sony have been working together all along. They created the Xbox One as a distraction to get the fans rallied up and then PS4 could ride in as the white knight saviour and it would sell double what the PS3 did. It's like New Coke/Coke Classic for a new age. :shifty:

I bet tomorrow's Nintendo Direct will just be "Smash Brothers, you guys."

This will still be enough to make me buy the Wii-U second.

I'm sure the PS+ for multiplayer thing is a disappointment for PS3 users. But I'm not one and I'm used to that because I've had the 360 since '07.

• Like 2

Yah me too. Was totally anticipating buying an xbox. Just can't see it happening anymore. I really really was intrigued by Titanfall but I guess I just have to take a pass. What is the worsd on backwards compatibility for the PS4? If I could play Last of Us and Infamous and finallllly MGS4 I'd get it on Launch.

Yah me too. Was totally anticipating buying an xbox. Just can't see it happening anymore. I really really was intrigued by Titanfall but I guess I just have to take a pass. What is the worsd on backwards compatibility for the PS4? If I could play Last of Us and Infamous and finallllly MGS4 I'd get it on Launch.

You won't be able to play them on launch, but you can buy them and play via Cloud gaming somehow next year, apparently.

Yeah, I'm confident I'm eventually going to be able to play PS3 games on the PS4, even if it's just via download. That means I'm even more likely to get a PS4 because I never owned a PS3.