Electronic Entertainment Expo 2013 (E3)

King Ellis

Y'know, despite all the dickery Microsoft presented alongside XBox One...I was gonna buy it. Still looks like an easy bet as far as the games go. The 360 has been good to me despite getting on board late and I figured One should be the same after some adjustment.

Then Sony blew me away with the PS4. Will likely be my first day one console purchase/reserve ever. *Sniff* I'm comin' home!

Wow Xbox One is almost certainly dead in the water. I'm so happy I get to stay with Sony this generation. Still not happy with the lack of parity on the exchange rates, but it'll be tempting not to buy it at €399.

Kudos Sony, you've won me again!

The fuck does Drake have to do with FIFA?

He looks like Leon Best. No joke on nothing, that's literally the only thing I know about Drake, having absolutely no awareness of who he is or what he sounds like. Thank you 15+ player interviews in Newcastle programmes 2010-11.

Regarding the PS+ thing I'm a little disappointed as my game playing happens less than while I was younger (job with travel, wife, toddler) so I'm one of those who probably wouldn't get their moneys worth. That said, I only play Pro Evo online anyway, and I won't be upgrading for at least a year anyway so I'm probably not the target market.

Wonder if they'll do differing levels though, can't see you getting so much 'free' stuff for a compulsory low fee.

Alright, Sony won me over. I wouldn't piss on a Xbox One if it was on fire, though.

Considering the overheating problems with the first run 360s, that might be needed...

During all X1 stuff we've seen cool games, new developments, new features.. also some risky decisions and a high price.

Based on the little I've read and in here (didnt watch the sony thing yet) the only good bits about the ps4 is the price and it didn't make those risky decisions.

Sounds like the X1 is this massive improvement over the 360.. but the ps4.. what is improved? What's new?

When the biggest sale points I'm seeing are "that's cheap" and "doesn't do those things Microsoft are doing and is just like the ps3!"

What does it do that the ps3 can't? What does it offer that Microsoft don't?

Used games, backwards compatibility and not always online aren't new things.

• Like 1

During all X1 stuff we've seen cool games, new developments, new features.. also some risky decisions and a high price.

Based on the little I've read and in here (didnt watch the sony thing yet) the only good bits about the ps4 is the price and it didn't make those risky decisions.

Sounds like the X1 is this massive improvement over the 360.. but the ps4.. what is improved? What's new?

When the biggest sale points I'm seeing are "that's cheap" and "doesn't do those things Microsoft are doing and is just like the ps3!"

What does it do that the ps3 can't? What does it offer that Microsoft don't?

Used games, backwards compatibility and not always online aren't new things.

Cheaper...higher performance RAM, better graphics chipset. Hasn't be stated, but if its like the PS3, the hard drive will be a standard laptop hard drive and easily replaceable

• Like 1

So bearing that in mind why would a pick an X-box then? Unless your argument is that you'd just stay current gen?

I need to watch the sony conference today tbh. I was just hoping for some info from you guys on games/features/etc on why it's better.

Can't watch it til later ya see.

k-bigpic.png

original.jpg

:lol:

• Like 4

Is MGS5 an Xbox exclusive? Thats pants.

Dead Rising 3! I love me some DR. Need to see a trailer for this.

The price of the Xbox is ridiculous, and not something I really see myself being interested in at all. The PS4 sounds like it's a lot closer to what I want from a games console, and the price is a major incentive, but in the end it'll come down to the games for me I think.

Summ, I do see your points about the whole "this is nothing new, you could do this on PS3!" thing, but for those that want to go next gen, why wouldn't you want to be able to still do those things? I want my nephews to enjoy the games I buy too, free of charge. I don't want to be "always online".

Should these things be a selling point? No, but the XB1's restrictions mean they are, clearly.