2014 NFL Season

Dan

The Browns have dumped Tate, while the Steelers have waived Blount. All aboard the back up RB merry go round!

Yeah, it wasn't the worst move they could have made.

Do we think Blount gets another job?

So, who out of the rookie wide receivers has made the biggest impact/been the best pick up for their team?

- Sammy Watkins (1st round, 4th pick + 1st and 4th round picks for 2015 in trade with Browns)

- Mike Evans (1st round, 7th pick)

- Odell Beckham Jr (1st round, 12th pick)

- Brandin Cooks (1st round, 20th pick)

- Kelvin Benjamin (1st round, 28th pick)

- Jordan Matthews (2nd round, 42nd pick + 2nd and 4th round picks for 2014 in trade with Titans)

- Allen Robinson (2nd round, 61st pick + 3rd and 5th round picks for 2014 in trade with 49ers)

- Martavis Bryant (4th round, 118th pick)

- Allen Hurns (Undrafted)

Think I've listed all of the major rookies that have had an impact this season at some point. This was brought up by an article I read where the Bills defended picking up Watkins so expensively due to him being influential in three of their wins this season, is really as good of a deal as they say? Or if they had waited and drafted from their position (9th) and picked up Beckham Jr or someone else from the list would they still be in the same position?

Evans and Matthews have both come alive in the last month or so. Cooks is now injured but was offering a good option for the Saints both receiveing and running. I've not seen much of Beckham Jr personally but he looked okay against the Niners and is slotting in as WR2 behind Randle. Bryant is a good redzone threat for the Steelers and Benjamin has been a great pick up. But who do you reckon has been the best?

I've seen in a few places Beckham be considered to be the best long term prospect.

As for currently? It is tough. Watkins and Benjamin are main guys for their teams, whilst not setting the world alight. Evans, Matthews and Bryant have all had big weeks recently. Robinson has been solid, if understated. Hurns has been very boom or bust. Hmm...

Robinson has been awesome for the Jags, he's Bortles favourite target and is money on third downs. I really didn't expect much of him but he's been really good. Hurns has been very impressive too, he sometimes has moments where he's thinking too far ahead about after the catch and his hands let him down but for a UDFA to be playing as well as he has is great.

Hopefully Marqise Lee can step up a little now Robinson is out for the season.

• Like 1

So, who out of the rookie wide receivers has made the biggest impact/been the best pick up for their team?

- Sammy Watkins (1st round, 4th pick + 1st and 4th round picks for 2015 in trade with Browns)

- Mike Evans (1st round, 7th pick)

- Odell Beckham Jr (1st round, 12th pick)

- Brandin Cooks (1st round, 20th pick)

- Kelvin Benjamin (1st round, 28th pick)

- Jordan Matthews (2nd round, 42nd pick + 2nd and 4th round picks for 2014 in trade with Titans)

- Allen Robinson (2nd round, 61st pick + 3rd and 5th round picks for 2014 in trade with 49ers)

- Martavis Bryant (4th round, 118th pick)

- Allen Hurns (Undrafted)

Think I've listed all of the major rookies that have had an impact this season at some point. This was brought up by an article I read where the Bills defended picking up Watkins so expensively due to him being influential in three of their wins this season, is really as good of a deal as they say? Or if they had waited and drafted from their position (9th) and picked up Beckham Jr or someone else from the list would they still be in the same position?

Evans and Matthews have both come alive in the last month or so. Cooks is now injured but was offering a good option for the Saints both receiveing and running. I've not seen much of Beckham Jr personally but he looked okay against the Niners and is slotting in as WR2 behind Randle. Bryant is a good redzone threat for the Steelers and Benjamin has been a great pick up. But who do you reckon has been the best?

They've all been pretty good - obviously, Jordan Matthews isn't the best of the bunch this season, but he's had a few pretty good games. Mike Evans has been on fire recently. Watkins and Benjamin had awesome starts to the year, and have been decent since. ODB and Bryant have both come in within the past few weeks after missing the starts to their respective seasons and haven't missed a beat. The Jags have a good looking trio, where if any two of the three and Bortles pan out, along with Robinson, they have a great foundation of skill players. And Cooks has been a great target for Brees, but is hurt now.

Time will tell, but I don't recall there ever being a draft this deep on WRs. I think eventually, Evans, Watkins and ODB will separate themselves from the pack, but I think Jordan Matthews (homerism aside) will be a stud. He's dropped a couple of balls this year, but that's completely fixable and he does everything right.

Maybe he hasn't been the very best but John Brown certainly deserves a mention. 5 TDs this year after being drafted in the 3rd Round, four of them the game-winning score. Been a breakout hit for the Cards.

I'm just pretending the Cards don't exist this season >_>

So, everyone ready for Give Jamaal Charles Fantasy Points Night Thursday Night Football?

• Like 1

Maybe he hasn't been the very best but John Brown certainly deserves a mention. 5 TDs this year after being drafted in the 3rd Round, four of them the game-winning score. Been a breakout hit for the Cards.

I'm just pretending the Cards don't exist this season >_>

That's something a lot of people do most years unfortunately :P

Jets/Bills won't be played in Buffalo due to the 6 feet of snow they'll have this weekend. Apparently they're trying to move it to Pittsburgh, Detroit or Washington. Kind of surprised they didn't just go to Toronto.