2014 NFL Season

Dan

Another crazy stat re: the NFC South - the 2-9 Buccaneers are just 2 games out of first place in the division.

They're two games out of 1st in the division and one game out of having the first draft pick.

If this year's NFC South doesn't prove the need for changing the way playoff seeding is done, we will fail to find any reason to do so.

I'm not sure if this would be better suited for this thread or the College one but I was just wondering what the spread of College representation in the NFL is like, it seems like there are a lot of players from Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida State that make it and then there is a quite a wide spread of other Colleges, would that be right? In theory shouldn't the top ten or however many College teams be the most represented and the rest of the Colleges are lucky if anyone makes it to the pros?

This is basically down to me not understanding how College Football works >_>

Here's a list of distribution. http://espn.go.com/nfl/college

As for how college works, there's a lot of parity in where stars come out of surprisingly (2 years ago the Super Bowl was QBd by guys from Delaware and Nevada). But for the most part, the best programs recruit the best players out of high school to play there. Naturally those teams will have the most guys who are then good enough to go pro. And having a couple good years doesn't net you a ton of NFL players, but being a consistently good college team like LSU or Oklahoma or Alabama will mean you have guys all over since an NFL career is more than 10 years in some cases.

Also, in typical Washington news they have put Colt McCoy in as starter.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this would be better suited for this thread or the College one but I was just wondering what the spread of College representation in the NFL is like, it seems like there are a lot of players from Oklahoma, Alabama, Florida State that make it and then there is a quite a wide spread of other Colleges, would that be right? In theory shouldn't the top ten or however many College teams be the most represented and the rest of the Colleges are lucky if anyone makes it to the pros?

This is basically down to me not understanding how College Football works >_>

Here's a list of distribution. http://espn.go.com/nfl/college

As for how college works, there's a lot of parity in where stars come out of surprisingly (2 years ago the Super Bowl was QBd by guys from Delaware and Nevada). But for the most part, the best programs recruit the best players out of high school to play there. Naturally those teams will have the most guys who are then good enough to go pro. And having a couple good years doesn't net you a ton of NFL players, but being a consistently good college team like LSU or Oklahoma or Alabama will mean you have guys all over since an NFL career is more than 10 years in some cases.

Also, in typical Washington news they have put Colt McCoy in as starter.

I remember at some point Miami had like a 15 year streak of at least one first round pick, which is pretty nuts. Bama's gotta have a pretty good streak of that going now too, right?

And benching RGIII is a crazy thought. Just two years ago, people were arguing that he was (and would continue to be) better than Luck. His time in DC has to be done at this point, right?

Edit: Aaaaaaand just like that, I've just seen my first RG3/Eagles rumor. noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Edited by PatDaMan

I hope the Saints win at 5-11 then win the Superbowl.

Just did the math. If the Saints tie Atlanta and Carolina, Carolina beats or ties Atlanta, the Bucs win all their remaining divisional games, and all 4 teams lose every out of division game, 4-10-2 will win the division.

• Like 2

Just did the math. If the Saints tie Atlanta and Carolina, Carolina beats or ties Atlanta, the Bucs win all their remaining divisional games, and all 4 teams lose every out of division game, 4-10-2 will win the division.

Okay, now do realistic math :shifty:

• Like 2

with-the-first-seven-months-of_clink_lar
  • Like 4

This week's UK TV Schedule

Thursday
1730 - Chicago Bears at Detroit Lions (Sky Sports)

2130 - Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys (Sky Sports)

Friday

0130 - Seattle Seahawks at San Francisco 49ers (Sky Sports)

Sunday

1800 - New Orleans Saints at Pittsburgh Steelers (Sky Sports)

2125 - New England Patriots at Green Bay Packers (Sky Sports)

Monday

0130 - Denver Broncos at Kansas City Chiefs (Channel 4)

Tuesday

0130 - Maimi Dolphins at New York Jets (EuroSport)

Loooooooads of football! :)

• Like 1

Was going to propose an Eagles/Cowboys related friendly wager to Maxx, then remembered he was taking a break. Hope he checks his twitter... <_<

Yeah, I'm ready to shoot out of work at 5 and then not move from the sofa for the rest of the day, should be fun.

If you take out the whole working thing, that's been my Thanksgiving Day for as long as I can remember. I sit and watch football, and the ladies bring me my food and drinks.

• Like 3

Yeah, I'm ready to shoot out of work at 5 and then not move from the sofa for the rest of the day, should be fun.

If you take out the whole working thing, that's been my Thanksgiving Day for as long as I can remember. I sit and watch football, and the ladies bring me my food and drinks.

USA! USA! USA! USA!