2014 NFL Season

Dan

How in the hell has he been reinstated? Guess AP will be back too then. Fuck it, let's see if Rae Carruth wants to come out of retirement and play at this point when he gets released on parole.

double jepordy essentially. You cannot suspend someone then suspend him for longer because people were upset he wasn't suspended longer. this is a textbook example of why you wait for due process, you fuck it up the first time you can't just mulligan and say "this one is for realz though".

don't get me wrong, ray rice is a scumbag and deserved a year off, but this was a buttfumble by the commish and had no chance of not being overturned.

• Like 6

Really weird football Sunday for me. First time pretty much since I've been watching football that the Giants are mathematically eliminated from any sort of playoff contention with 5 games to play. Even the 4-12 team in 2003 was alive until 3 weeks out. Beyond that, the next 4 games are against teams who won't be in the playoffs either...so it's completely meaningless football really. About the only consequence to these games is deciding which players/coaches stay or go for next year.

At this point I'm hoping the NFC East race can at least stay tight until Week 17 so the Giants will at least play a meaningful game trying to spoil the Eagles' hopes. Who knows if it'll come to that though.

Donovan McNabb is a wonderful commentator. He starts off by saying that the Steelers need to get back to the old days of a Jerome Bettis type running attack up the middle but then says that when you have a player like Le'Veon Bell you have to adapt your gamplan to his running style.

Ten minutes later: "Le'Veon Bell reminds me of Jerome Bettis".

Donovan McNabb is a wonderful commentator. He starts off by saying that the Steelers need to get back to the old days of a Jerome Bettis type running attack up the middle but then says that when you have a player like Le'Veon Bell you have to adapt your gamplan to his running style.

Ten minutes later: "Le'Veon Bell reminds me of Jerome Bettis".

As an Eagles fan, I can tell you McNabb will contradict himself many times. He's a terrible color commentator