2014 NFL Season

Dan

It's early but I really like what I've been seeing from the Giants' running game. Jennings and Williams have been ripping off some really nice rushes and the offensive line seems to be opening holes for them. Hopefelly that carries into the regular season.

The passing game though...I can't even judge it because they haven't really tried to show it off. Eli went 0-2, one miss to Jernigan and another pass he had to throw away because nobody was open and he was getting swarmed. He also got sacked once. But overall 3 designed pass plays in 4 drives. Seems pretty clear the pass plays haven't even been installed yet. Since the starters figure to get a good amount of work over the next 2 games I would certainly hope they pass more the next couple of times out to get the routes sorted. I'll reserve judgment until I see more.

Still loving the defense. Appears there is a lot of depth at defensive line and especially in the secondary, and Devon Kennard has looked like a good find as a 6th round rookie linebacker. The amount of penalties being called against defenses this preseason has been a bit ludicrous, though. It seems that any contact with a WR at all now is an automatic flag. I guess the NFL either wants receivers to score untouched or they want every single pass to result in a jump ball.

Deadspins Why Your Team Sucks 2014: Tampa Bay Buccaneers

According to this, Josh McCown signed with them!

Previous Installments

Atlanta Falcons

Indianapolis Colts

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars

Tennessee Titans

In 2003 I was on holiday in Tampa from the UK, and wanted to take advantage of the $1000000 reduction in shipping costs from the States by buying a Bucs jersey while I was there. Now I considered myself a football fan but back then only the Super Bowl was screened in the UK so I only knew a dozen or so players with their helmets off. Anyway, I'm stood in this store struggling to choose between a K. Johnson jersey and a B. Johnson jersey. I'm holding them out asking my girlfriend-at-the-time for her advice which of course was useless. This large white man besides me points at the Keyshawn jersey and says "That one". I just assumed it was another super polite American steering me on the right path. I thanked him and made my way to the counter.

When I went to the checkout to pay for my jersey, the guy behind the counter says "You don't know who that was, do you?" It was Brad Johnson.
That's right. Jon Gruden made his QBs feel so shitty about themselves that they actively dissuaded you from buying their jersey.

This is the greatest story about Brad Johnson ever told.

Orlando Scandrick suspended for the first 4 games of the season. He was already a way overpaid, mediocre corner, but at least he was on the field. The Cowboys fielded the worst defense in the league last year, and somehow, it has only gotten worse.

Yeah, considering he's probably one blindside hit away from being out for the season, I'd say anyone pickin them to win more than 7 games is insane.

Same could be said for Denver. If Peyton gets hurt, we may be able to draft Jameis next year.

Brock Osweiler's crowning career achievement is throwing a 106 yard pick-six in a losing effort against Kellen Moore in the MAACO bowl in his last year. He will be great.

Also what the hell, Cleveland?!? Were you even paying attention when Grossman last played?! He was gross, man!