2014 NFL Season

Dan

There was no QB before Jay Cutler :mellow:

Sure there was! There was..umm...Jim McMahon!

Flick on the game, Cowboys fumble for 6. (H)

My birthday isn't until February, Tony. But thank you :D

And then Dez smashed your pass defense for a TD, that was fun.

• Like 2

He gave you a pre-season turnover? That's not very considerate.

Yeah, I'd hate to be Secret Santa for that guy.

More than I got him

I don't blame you, Shipping costs are astronomical.

Flick on the game, Cowboys fumble for 6. (H)

My birthday isn't until February, Tony. But thank you :D

And then Dez smashed your pass defense for a TD, that was fun.

You know what's fun? Special Teams Touchdowns... I love me some of those.

Giants were down 26-0 heading into the 4th quarter and won 27-26. What? If only the starters could play like this.

Corey Washington has probably cemented his spot on the 53-man roster though. 3 TDs in 3 games, the only tall WR on the roster, Manningham sadly looks finished, and they'd lose him to another team if they tried to put him on the practice squad.

Giants were down 26-0 heading into the 4th quarter and won 27-26. What? If only the starters could play like this.

Corey Washington has probably cemented his spot on the 53-man roster though. 3 TDs in 3 games, the only tall WR on the roster, Manningham sadly looks finished, and they'd lose him to another team if they tried to put him on the practice squad.

Mario Manningham? They couldn't put him on the practice squad anyway, he's been in the league too long

Ignoring one of the greatest defenses ever, Trent Dilfer had Jamal Lewis and Shannon Sharpe out there along with Ogden blocking the blindside, it would have taken a special kind of awful to not at least be moderately competent there (which Tony Banks managed to attain).

No joke on nothing, I was at the game where they finally said "Fuck Banks" and put in Dilfer. Pretty sure it was against the Dolphins. Banks blew chunks the whole first half and then in the second half, they put in Dilfer and he nearly brought them back from what was a pretty big first half deficit.

It was a few games after the Miami game. I want to say it was Pittsburgh but I might be wrong. The first 6-7 games of that season sans the legendary game against Jacksonville (passing of the torch game in hindsight) are really forgettable. Then they took us on a ride we only have experienced twice in our long, suffering 18 year history. :shifty:

Should have re-worded the sentence, but I was talking about Washington. Manningham looks shot and Washington seems pretty much primed to take Mario's spot on the roster for several reasons, one of which being he's looked impressive enough that I can't see him clearing waivers to get to the practice squad if they tried to do that.

Mario Manningham? They couldn't put him on the practice squad anyway, he's been in the league too long

Which makes me feel old. It feels like just yesterday he was torching Notre Dame secondaries. :/

Ignoring one of the greatest defenses ever, Trent Dilfer had Jamal Lewis and Shannon Sharpe out there along with Ogden blocking the blindside, it would have taken a special kind of awful to not at least be moderately competent there (which Tony Banks managed to attain).

No joke on nothing, I was at the game where they finally said "Fuck Banks" and put in Dilfer. Pretty sure it was against the Dolphins. Banks blew chunks the whole first half and then in the second half, they put in Dilfer and he nearly brought them back from what was a pretty big first half deficit.

It was a few games after the Miami game. I want to say it was Pittsburgh but I might be wrong. The first 6-7 games of that season sans the legendary game against Jacksonville (passing of the torch game in hindsight) are really forgettable. Then they took us on a ride we only have experienced twice in our long, suffering 18 year history. :shifty:

I guess you're right. I thought it was Miami. I know we were at the game though, because I remember the insane roar of the crowd when Dilfer ran out on the field to start the second half. You'd have thought it was Montana.

Which makes me feel old. It feels like just yesterday he was torching Notre Dame secondaries. :/

I guess you're right. I thought it was Miami. I know we were at the game though, because I remember the insane roar of the crowd when Dilfer ran out on the field to start the second half. You'd have thought it was Montana.

I remember this one guy was shown on CBS with duct tape over the "Banks" on his jersey.

Hilarious that people bought Banks jerseys but the team had a great finish in 1999 and we thought he'd just build on that in 2000.

It seems that Michael Sam has been playing well. Legitimately glad to see that. The best case outcome was that he had a good preseason and made the team based on his on-field performance. It would have been a bad situation for him and the team if he had a terrible preseason and then the Rams were faced with the decision to cut him or not knowing that either decision will draw criticism from different groups.