2014 NFL Season

Dan

The problem is that it's becoming normalized in every day society so it's hard for them to disassociate that from the NFL's current stand on it or they think they'll be able to make a point that the previous 50 times didn't or something. I don't fault them for smoking but it's not a good idea to be driving so they can't really blame it on just the NFL's outdated policies.

And unless they've already failed a test, the testing isn't likely a big deal to them because it's only after multiple failures that they miss any games for testing positive.

Edited by livid

So how about the NFL actually trying to get artists to pay to perform at the Super Bowl halftime show? Shows they're not only greedier motherfuckers than we thought, but also that they're completely delusional.

They apparently want Coldplay, Katy Perry or Rihanna to perform at halftime of the game, and to pay to do so. :facepalm::lol:

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Like 1

Not such an unreasonable expectation. they charge for commercials and that performance is the longest commercial they air.

Not such an unreasonable expectation. they charge for commercials and that performance is the longest commercial they air.

Right now, the artists perform for free. They could go do a concert instead, and actually make money.

And the reason it is an unreasonable expectation is because the NFL is asking the artists to also pay a portion of income from a post-Super Bowl tour to the NFL. Doesn't make sense. Most popular artists that everyone has heard of - ie, the typical artists who peform at the Super Bowl - aren't going to sell a shit ton more concert tickets because they perform at halftime at the Super Bowl. Seriously.

Now, I could see an artist paying if its an up and comer. But lets face it: someone obscure performing at the Super Bowl halftime show = channel change or bathroom break by most of those watching on tv, and a concession stand trip or bathroom break by most of those actually at the game.

Plus there are a lot of people who actually only watch the game for the commercials and the halftime show.

Its simply another pointless money grab by delusional, greedy billionaires.

The Giants' first string passing game looked shit for nearly the entire first half until they finally put together a great 2-minute drill, going 91 yards for a TD on mainly passing plays. Was glad Coughlin didn't bring them back out for the 3rd quarter. Let them Costanza it - leave on a high note. Geoff Schwartz dislocated a toe so that's certainly not a good thing with an already thin line. He'll likely be out a couple of weeks. Hopefully Beckham finally gets into a game the last week of preseason, I'd feel better about him if I could actually see him play.

Ryan Nassib has played great the last 2 games, yes primarily against backups and third stringers, but I think he's certainly played well enough to warrant being the only backup QB. A 3rd QB is a waste of a roster space in today's NFL. You're probably screwed if your starter gets knocked out for a long time, and regardless there is never a shortage of veteran QBs on the market to bring in as an extra backup later on if needed.

And Corey Washington with his 4th TD in as many games. His 53-man roster spot has to be secure by now, the only question is whether or not Coughlin will give him any sort of playing time in the regular season.

Only seen the highlights of the Giants game but their offence blows so hot and cold it is crazy. Eli doesn't appear to have found a decent rhythm yet and was lucky not to get taken out for some big losses. Cruz, Randle, Manningham and Washington seem like a decent receiving core to me.

Does anyone expect Christian Ponder to be on his way out of Minnesota before the trade window closes? Seems too talented to be sitting third on the Vikings depth chart, I'd be much happier with him at the 49ers than Gabbert and co.

I find it very hard to believe the Jags and Raiders are still starting Henne and Schaub week 1. Both are flat out terrible at this point who have been outperformed by their backups (and even 3rd string in Schaub's case) and by starting them, they are asking fans to accept an inferior product. Bortles has shown he is ready to play right now while the Raiders would be better off playing Carr if he gets healthy or McGloin. I understand not rushing rookie QB's but playing Henne and Schaub gives the team nothing and likely pisses off the other players on the team who do not want to accept losing, which is what is guaranteed to happen starting those 2.

The idea of Chad Henne as a starter is a joke, has been for years. At least Schaub is being paid like a starting QB, so there's some stupid justification in lettin him play.

Henne shouldn't even be a backup, let alone a starter.

Ponder will probably get traded, but I don't see most teams being willing to pull the trigger if they have to give up anything higher than a 3rd round pick.

Only seen the highlights of the Giants game but their offence blows so hot and cold it is crazy. Eli doesn't appear to have found a decent rhythm yet and was lucky not to get taken out for some big losses. Cruz, Randle, Manningham and Washington seem like a decent receiving core to me.

I would be stunned if Manningham made the team at this point. He has zero acceleration and has admitted that his surgically repaired knee still gives him fits. I was fine with bringing him in to see what he had left but unfortunately I didn't see anywhere near enough to think he can make an impact at this point. I'll always love the guy for Super Bowl 46, I'd rather not have to see him play when he's a shell of his former self.

Cruz, Randle, and Beckham will be the top 3 weapons if Beckham can ever get onto the field. Jernigan will be the next man in on 4-WR sets because for whatever reason the coaching staff is enamored with him. I think Preston Parker is going to wind up making the team because they seem to trust him as the best option for punt returns, Marcus Harris' injury last night probably cost him a job. That leaves Washington who absolutely has to make it with the camp he's had, but he'll start the year as the 6th WR and be inactive most weeks, which is sure to piss people off. Hopefully they soon realize that Jernigan sucks and give Washington playing time.