2014 NFL Season

Dan

All top backups are going to come at a heavy premium in trade talks. Given that there's limited time to learn the playbook, I think it's pointless to give up picks on another team's backup.

Go get Neckbeard if he still wants to play or at least get Tebow to give us all some amusement for the season.

Bradford has got to go down as major bust now hasn't he? Not solely for his ability but looking at the money they gave him, the injuries and the passing on RG3.

Yes and no. He's clearly a bust as the first overall QB, but RG3 isn't much better. By the end of the year RG3 is on the bench and Kirk Cousins shows that he was the steal of that draft.

Bradford is good when he's healthy, but he's never healthy. If i were the Rams, i'd be calling up New England to get my hands on Ryan Mallett, or call up Jacksonville and try to take Chad Henne off of their hands. At the very least call up Tim Tebow or what is Kyle Orton doing?

The Rams were darkhorse contenders this year for sure, but with their three QB options of Garrett Gilbert, Shaun Hill and Austin Davis, they are dead on arrival this season. Davis and Gilbert both could potentially be ok, down the road, but if they want to contend they need a stop gap, or Ryan Mallet.

Cousins would be the steal of the draft, but if RG3 busts after what they gave up to get him, then they're still in the red.

And there's no point in signing Kyle Orton, they have Shaun Hill as their backup, that's pretty much the same thing.

Bradford has got to go down as major bust now hasn't he? Not solely for his ability but looking at the money they gave him, the injuries and the passing on RG3.

Yes and no. He's clearly a bust as the first overall QB, but RG3 isn't much better. By the end of the year RG3 is on the bench and Kirk Cousins shows that he was the steal of that draft.

Cousins showed what he is last year in his 3 game audition (a backup QB). Not sure why everyone glorifies him as some kind of starting caliber player. He was an OK college QB who was drafted in the mid rounds and should have a solid 10 season career as a backup. Not much else.

People are really looking too far into what Cousins can do. He's not better than RG3, you put him under center for 16 games and he shows himself as an overachieving backup. RG3 adds a much greater dynamic to any offense assuming he stays healthy. If RG3 keeps getting hurt then Washington is okay because they have a guy like Cousins waiting in the wings to play for a few weeks.

All of this said I wouldn't be shocked if Gruden gets himself out of any potential QB controversy as well as sells high on Cousins in the next few days.

But my frontrunner to be starting for St. Louis is Josh Freeman.

Cousins is a good drop pack passer, the type that typically florishes under Gruden. RG3 is the wrong QB for that system and it's shown so far. Cousins has flashed promise, and shown an aptitude for the system. I know he's very underrated at QB but look at what Andy Dalton has done for the bengals, Cousins could likely duplicate or surpass that with Djax and Garcon to throw to.

Also to why would they get Orton(St. Louis), Orton has shown good QB play before, and has been a good solid underrated QB, while Shaun Hill has never really been that good(like four games).

In my opinon the Rams have talent all over the board and a good coach, if they can get a decent - good QB they could make a run and nab a wildcard spot. The best fit for them would be to trade for Ryan Mallet. But other good choices which will be overlooked would be trading a late round pick on Christian Ponder from MN, but he has injury history too, grabbing Kyle Orton or even a solid career backup like Tyler Thigpen. Or they could get Chase Daniel except i'm sure KC is holding on to him until they know if Alex Smith is coming back...

If i was Jeff Fisher, i call NE, and if they want way too much for Mallet, then i switch gears and bring in Tim Tebow. I use his leadership and playmaking ability to help out, and rely on a running game, and use a pistol variation like in Washington and ride that defense, hope Arizona and San Fran falter.

There's really no point in trading for a backup. They aren't a great team, they need those draft picks, and there isn't a QB who they can trade for that would even get them to the playoffs. Sign someone to fill out the roster, get a high pick and make another run at drafting a franchise QB.

There's really no point in trading for a backup. They aren't a great team, they need those draft picks, and there isn't a QB who they can trade for that would even get them to the playoffs. Sign someone to fill out the roster, get a high pick and make another run at drafting a franchise QB.

I disagree, they have alot of talent over on the defensive side of the ball, and some on offense. If they get above average QB play they are a legitimate playoff contender. Jeff Fisher may need to win now, and to do so he'll need to make a bold QB move, and he's done so before.

The St. Louis Rams team with Ryan Mallet as their QB1 is a playoff contender for sure. Tebow as QB1 a definite darkhorse team. If they traded for Chase Daniel they'd be a semi-legit playoff threat aswell. They don't need Tom Bradyesqe production at QB, but a good solid QB who won't lose them many games.

I'm confused as to why you think someone is just going to walk in and be an effective starter in an offense they're completely unfamiliar with. They won't be more effective than Shaun Hill.

Yes, the defense has a ton of talent, but it's still relatively young, which means they can have an off year and not be ruined by it. They still have a lot of holes, so there's no point in wasting a pick to gamble on a backup QB. Maybe it could work, but the Chiefs aren't going to give up Chase Daniels and the Rams probably can't even afford to take on his money, and would be idiots to try. Ryan Mallet, who knows, the Patriots organization is great at making players and coaches look better than they are.

St. Louis isn't going to make the playoffs in the NFC unless they signed a top 10 QB, so it doesn't really matter. If they went out and traded for someone decent, it'd be an incredibly short-sighted move, since, without Bradford, they'd have a decent shot at Brett Hundley (who will be the superior QB >_>) if not Jameis, in the draft next year.

St. Louis isn't going to make the playoffs in the NFC unless they signed a top 10 QB, so it doesn't really matter. If they went out and traded for someone decent, it'd be an incredibly short-sighted move, since, without Bradford, they'd have a decent shot at Brett Hundley (who will be the superior QB >_>) if not Jameis, in the draft next year.

Oh, please. At least my college darling quarterback actually did something worth a damn at college. :P