2014 NFL Season

Dan

ESPN, as expected, are overreacting to Sam getting cut as is a good chunk of the internet. He obviously played well but the Rams were stacked on the D-line and Westbrooks outplayed him for the last spot. Rams have already said they'd like to bring him back to the practice squad if he clears waivers, which may very well not happen.

I was rooting for the guy but there is literally zero excuse to complain here unless he wound up totally unemployed, which isn't going to happen.

Yea, Michael Sam is going to be the most talked about cut player for the next few days or until he gets picked up off waivers

Yea, Michael Sam is going to be the most talked about cut player for the next few days or until he gets picked up off waivers

For real? I thought for the sure the most talked about cut player would be Lache Seastrunk. :o

:P

Not too many unexpected moves with the Giants cuts. Probably the biggest surprise is that Kerry Wynn made the team as an undrafted DE, and they kept 10 DL when most figured they'd keep 10. Can't say I really understand what they see in Markus Kuhn though, if they wanted to keep a 5th DT I would have preferred Kelcy Quarles who may not make it through to the practice squad.

I guess it makes sense though. The assumption was that the Giants would take some combination of 11 DBs, they wound up going with 10. They do have 5 genuinely good cornerbacks and will probably be able to stash Bennett Jackson, Thomas Gordon, and/or Chandler Fenner onto the practice squad so they should at least have some backup for when the inevitable injuries happen.

They also kept 10 OL which seems a bit excessive but then again a lot of them are banged and Geoff Schwartz is probably going on the short-term IR on Tuesday.

Wouldn't be too surprised if 2-3 players on the Giants' official opening night roster are guys who were just cut from elsewhere. Especially at TE. When Daniel Fells wins your starting TE job after being out of football last year, you know there's a problem.

Jackson, Gordon, Fenner, and Quarles along with Dan Fox, Julian Talley, and Kendall Gaskins are probably all in the running for practice squad spots.

Edited by Bad News Busch

Plubby can rejoice, Kellen Moore made the final 53 man roster for the Lions.

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

He wasn't expected to before pre-season but he played really well and forced the issue.

Say what you will about.him, small, weak arm, but he is very poised and is incredibly accurate and has agreat touch on the ball. Good for him that he kept his job.

Actualky, two other guys I was pleased to see make the team were Ryan Broyles and Corey Fuller. Broyes is a former second roundpick that has had season ending injuries three seasons in a row (one college, two NFL), but if the guy can stay healthy he is a huge boost to our WR core. He has great hands, is a chain mover, and can get YAC. He could be a potent number three.

New England kept him on the roster just to trade him. Good on them. Better to get a draft pick out of it than nothing.

Whoever the guy was that was jerking off to Mallett earlier in this thread should realize that he just got passed over by a rookie quarterback that has had the playbook for maybe three months now.

What the hell are the Texans doing? Why wait until the week before the season starts to grab a QB, when you haven't had one for the last year.

• Like 1