2014 NFL Season

Dan

I just saw JF's press conference - he seems pretty high on Hill tbh.

Realistically, the best they could go for would be Mallett, Ponder or Sanchez. Mallett may be available with how well Garoppolo has done, Ponder wants to fight for his place at the Vikes (lol), and Sanchez is likely going to be expensive after a good preseason.

I think they'll stick with Hill - at least for 2-3 games to evaluate. As long as he doesn't stink, he'll have that job for this season.

Realistically, the best they could go for would be Mallett, Ponder or Sanchez. Mallett may be available with how well Garoppolo has done, Ponder wants to fight for his place at the Vikes (lol), and Sanchez is likely going to be expensive after a good preseason.

I think they'll stick with Hill - at least for 2-3 games to evaluate. As long as he doesn't stink, he'll have that job for this season.

I think Ponder is a good choice based on talent and leadership abilities, but he has the same injury concerns as Bradford. Sanchez is likely the third stringer for the Jets, and he's a step down from Hill. Mallett is a stud, and would be a great pick up, but he's got an expiring deal, so you'd have to sign him long term if you gave up alot.

I still think the best they can do, would be Mallett, that kid could be a star if he stays healthy and gets a chance. He's got a rocket arm, he's mobile, and if his accuracy has improved could be a top of the line QB. If i'm Jeff Fisher i call up New England and atleast ask what they want for Mallett.

I think Ponder is a good choice based on talent and leadership abilities, but he has the same injury concerns as Bradford. Sanchez is likely the third stringer for the Jets, and he's a step down from Hill. Mallett is a stud, and would be a great pick up, but he's got an expiring deal, so you'd have to sign him long term if you gave up alot.

I still think the best they can do, would be Mallett, that kid could be a star if he stays healthy and gets a chance. He's got a rocket arm, he's mobile, and if his accuracy has improved could be a top of the line QB. If i'm Jeff Fisher i call up New England and atleast ask what they want for Mallett.

Ahahahahhahhaha.

o_O o_O o_O

He never missed a game due to inury...and leadership? This is a guy who was told by his coach "Your going to compete with Tom BRadys former backup, and a guy who was told by his coach to fuck off" and responded by going 2-6-1 and did't get his first win until week 9

and as much as I made fun of Sanchez on the Jets, he's looking pretty competent in the preseson for the Eagles so far. He doesn't have a coach thats fucking with his head and saying "Well we'll bring in so-and-so to compete with him" now he clearly knows his role, and has a coach who is playing to his strength, Sanchez isn't looking too bad and I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes Foles backup instead of Barkley

So we know who Dagger's Kellen Moore is now.

Here's what I know about Ryan Mallet, his former offensive coordinator desperately needed a QB and decided to roll with Ryan Fitzpatrick rather than trade for him. That's telling.

Why do you think he's going to come in and pick up a playbook just fine when there's almost no evidence of that even happening with veteran QBs. How'd Carson Palmer or Josh Freeman do when they joined a team late? Horrific results there.

And just to permanently kill off any Chase Daniel talk, even of the Rams did manage to pull off a trade for him, his contract hilariously gets voided if he throws for 2000 yards and 12 TDs.

• Like 2

o_O o_O o_O

He never missed a game due to inury...and leadership? This is a guy who was told by his coach "Your going to compete with Tom BRadys former backup, and a guy who was told by his coach to fuck off" and responded by going 2-6-1 and did't get his first win until week 9

and as much as I made fun of Sanchez on the Jets, he's looking pretty competent in the preseson for the Eagles so far. He doesn't have a coach thats fucking with his head and saying "Well we'll bring in so-and-so to compete with him" now he clearly knows his role, and has a coach who is playing to his strength, Sanchez isn't looking too bad and I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes Foles backup instead of Barkley

Can't you read?! Sanchez still plays for the Jets! He's third string :P

That is a forum full of awful people.

o_O o_O o_O

Can't you read?! Sanchez still plays for the Jets! He's third string :P

That and the Ponder thing makes me seriously consider that he's been thinking of different players this entire time and really isn't as highon Tim Tebow as he seems to be

This confused me for a second because I was thinking we'd somehow created an EWR forum version of The Sports Bar.

Also, Matt Prater has been suspended for four games due to having beer.

Ponder doesn't have injury concerns?he's missed several games due to injury. He's been hurt a few times. Leadership skills, his old coach loved how he handled the huddle.

And yes i forgot that Sanchez is no longer in New Jersey... oops. thats how much he matters anyways.

Also why didn't the Texans trade for Ryan Mallett, because they didn't want to give up picks and felt they could get a good prospect in the draft. Plus from all reports i've seen their coach has been high on Ryan Fitzpatrick for along time.

I see you're prepared to deflect any and all reasonable arguments against Ryan Mallet being a hall of fame QB, so I'll just move off the subject now.

His name is Mallet, obviously he is going to hammer his way into Cooperstown.

• Like 1

Ponder doesn't have injury concerns?he's missed several games due to injury. He's been hurt a few times. Leadership skills, his old coach loved how he handled the huddle.

And yes i forgot that Sanchez is no longer in New Jersey... oops. thats how much he matters anyways.

Also why didn't the Texans trade for Ryan Mallett, because they didn't want to give up picks and felt they could get a good prospect in the draft. Plus from all reports i've seen their coach has been high on Ryan Fitzpatrick for along time.

http://www.nfl.com/player/christianponder/2495215/careerstats

When did he miss a game due to injury? He played his fifrst game against the Bears, coming in in the 4th quarter, and took over the starting position after and played every week

Next season he played all 16 games

Last season he played in 9 games, when he was "competing" with Josh Freeman and Matt Cassell for the job.

Has he been injured? Yes he has. Has he ever missed a game, let alone "several" due to injury? No he hasn't