2014 NFL Season

Dan

St Louis will have one of the best defenses in the NFL and that alone will keep them from having a top 10 pick. They won games last year with Kellen Clemons playing because of that defense and Shaun Hill is a better QB than Clemons. 8-8 isn't out of the question for them.

Tebow for the Rams? Seriously? With all respects to Tim Tebow, this is a guy that was a high draft pick for Denver, was under the Center during the playoffs, and promptly got cut traded to the Jets where he proceeded to do fuck all. He impressed Bill Bellichik so much with the Patriots that he got cut. In some systems, the quarterback is the team; look at what happened with the Colts when Peyton Manning went down a couple years ago, they became the drizzling shits. Other times, it doesn't matter who the QB is; would it have made a difference who was the QB for the Ravens when their defense dominated the league and won the Super Bowl? Was Trent Dilfer that critical to the team?

And forget the Rams getting Glennon, the Bucs still need a backup for McCown (just fucking humor me here, people, I'm well aware of the meme :shifty: ), and they're not going to let an....okay...backup go away when they don't have anything else in the wings.

As for the Rams, I seem to remember fifteen years ago, they lost Trent "The Other Trent" Green in the preseason, and while a lot of folks threw in the towel, his backup, a little known Arena player named Kurt Warner showed up and proceeded to light up the scoreboard in ways the NFL had never seen. In 2001, New England lost Drew Bledsoe in the second game of the season, and he was replaced by some kid that was a six round pick from Michigan the year before named Tom Brady.

My point is, you don't fucking know what will happen, and to add a little bit of baseball legend Yogi Berra, until it happens. Let whoever the hell the backup is play, and see what the kid can do. They might get a diamond in the rough, or they may crash and burn.

• Like 1

Even at Hill's age, he doesn't have a lot of miles on him. He's a pretty smart QB, accurate, and scrambles pretty well.

I don't really blame St. Louis for "passing on RG3" because at the time they thought Bradford was their guy, and they got a fucking ransom of draft picks in exchange.

My point is, you don't fucking know what will happen, and to add a little bit of baseball legend Yogi Berra, until it happens. Let whoever the hell the backup is play, and see what the kid can do. They might get a diamond in the rough, or they may crash and burn.

The 32 year old kid. :P

I'm confused as to why you think someone is just going to walk in and be an effective starter in an offense they're completely unfamiliar with. They won't be more effective than Shaun Hill.

Yes, the defense has a ton of talent, but it's still relatively young, which means they can have an off year and not be ruined by it. They still have a lot of holes, so there's no point in wasting a pick to gamble on a backup QB. Maybe it could work, but the Chiefs aren't going to give up Chase Daniels and the Rams probably can't even afford to take on his money, and would be idiots to try. Ryan Mallet, who knows, the Patriots organization is great at making players and coaches look better than they are.

Because as good as a coach as Jeff Fisher may be, he doesn't run the most complex offense, if you brought in Ryan Mallett or someone like that, they'd be able to pick up the offense in a few weeks, it's not that complex. Chase Daniel is out of the question i know that. And KC is right to keep him, since they don't know if they are keeping Alex Smith yet or not, but The Rams can't just give up. Their coach needs a good season to keep his job, Fisher is on a hot seat or atleast a very warm one, they are going to get alot of media attention due to Michael Sam, they need to preform well.

Shaun Hill is decent thats for sure.... But if they could get Mallett a guy who's still young and a good QB they would be better off. Mallett is a better shot at being a good QB then anyone in next years draft, he's the safer pick. You know what you are getting with Ryan Mallett, a semi-mobile, rocket arm QB who has learned from the best QB in NFL History and the best Head Coach in NFL history the past few years. Thats a better gamble then a rookie who may or may not pick up the game.

Also, if they went with Tim Tebow, they'd get alot more press, more leadership and a shot at a major success if they took that gamble. In reality, if they want to win this year, they can... Mallett is the best bet, it's a horrible idea to not even make an attempt at him. WHat does that tell your fans if you just lay down? ticket sales will plummet and the media hype will get people fired.

Even at Hill's age, he doesn't have a lot of miles on him. He's a pretty smart QB, accurate, and scrambles pretty well.

I don't really blame St. Louis for "passing on RG3" because at the time they thought Bradford was their guy, and they got a fucking ransom of draft picks in exchange.

The 32 year old kid. :P

I Suppose the Kid he could be referring to, could be Austin Davis or Garret Gilbert.

I like Davis, he is definitely a project, but could maybe do some things.

They aren't getting Tebow, forget about him. Tim Tebow is out of pro football, now and forever. This is a guy that's so good three separate teams let him go. Tim Tebow is so good, he couldn't beat out Mark fucking Sanchez for a starting job. It is not happening.

And the kid was whoever the hell is #2 on the bench. For as much as a I follow the Rams, and for as crazy as the bastard is, it could've been Jeff George.

They aren't getting Tebow, forget about him. Tim Tebow is out of pro football, now and forever. This is a guy that's so good three separate teams let him go. Tim Tebow is so good, he couldn't beat out Mark fucking Sanchez for a starting job. It is not happening.

And the kid was whoever the hell is #2 on the bench. For as much as a I follow the Rams, and for as crazy as the bastard is, it could've been Jeff George.

That would be 32 year old journeyman QB Shaun Hill.

Also, Tebow was so bad that he had a winning record, made big plays, and won a playoff game in overtime against the defending superbowl champions on a clutch play, against one the better defenses in the league...

Tebow isn't a bad QB. He's a media circus. And most teams apearently don't want that. Now not to get into why he's a circus, but he is. The Rams currently have another player, who is a media circus, who they drafted for that purpose alone. The Rams are attention whores, they leaked a story about selling to Rush Limbaugh knowing that it'd cause a crap ton of controversy. Thats what the Rams want. They want to be talked about in a division which features the highly overrated Colin Kaepernick and the defending champion Seahawks.

The Rams would welcome the media circus that surrounds Tim Tebow.

Also he's "out" of the league, a few years back a guy named Chris Redman was too, the Falcons needed a QB he came out from a car dealership to help them. Kurt Warner was out of the league when he came into the league. Josh McCown was out of the league before he was randomly brought back in, and last year he flourished in his playing time while Cutler was hurt.

Josh McCown, the guy that the hapless Oakland Raiders, Joey Harrington led Detroit Lions, and pre-Kurt Warner Cardinals all liked so much they cut him, and he was out of the league till Chicago came calling.

Tebow has been out 1 season, he's been keeping in shape, it's foolish to think it's impossible he won't comeback. If a team wants him, (he says he's recieved feeler calls) he'll be back. And the Rams are the team for him right now. Tebow could run a similar offense to what Steve "Air" McNair ran for Fisher in TEN. I'm not saying Tebow is as good as McNair, or will be, but with the success of mobile QBs, no reason to think Tebow couldn't replicate his success from his playoff run in Denver.

I doubt they'll sign Tebow, mainly because of the playbook thing. However, there'd be no harm in working him out I guess?

Waaaait a minute. Tim Tebow is a good QB? Despite only have 1 season where he completed more then 50% of his passes...and he only had 8 attempts that season. And getting stomped by the Patriots in theplayoffs and made to look like a fool, and no one taking a flier on him after the Patriots released him last seaon.

Yet Colin Kaepernick, who made it to the Super Bowl in his first season as a starter and the NFC championship game in his second, is "overrated"

Yea ok your talking out your ass and I'm not reading any posts you make in here anymore

• Like 2

What arbitrary silliness. A fully fit Rams squad wipes the floor with Arizona.

Waaaait a minute. Tim Tebow is a good QB? Despite only have 1 season where he completed more then 50% of his passes...and he only had 8 attempts that season. And getting stomped by the Patriots in theplayoffs and made to look like a fool, and no one taking a flier on him after the Patriots released him last seaon.

Yet Colin Kaepernick, who made it to the Super Bowl in his first season as a starter and the NFC championship game in his second, is "overrated"

Yea ok your talking out your ass and I'm not reading any posts you make in here anymore

You know those two things can be true at the same time, right? Like, Kaepernick can be rated too highly, and Tebow can be underappreciated? That's not a direct comparison on their abilities to each other...like, you see that, don't you?

• Like 1

All this talk about the Rams as a potential playoff team when even fully fit they're the fourth best team in their division :rolleyes:

What arbitrary silliness. A fully fit Rams squad wipes the floor with Arizona.

You know those two things can be true at the same time, right? Like, Kaepernick can be rated too highly, and Tebow can be underappreciated? That's not a direct comparison on their abilities to each other...like, you see that, don't you?

The Rams may be the "fourth" best team in their division, thats a division where every other team won 10 games, so yeah thats no small feat, and with how Bradford was playing before he was hurt, they likely would've made the playoffs with him. That said, The Rams and Cardinals are both playoff threats (well The Rams need a different QB now) and yes they aren't as good as Seattle or San Fran on paper, but that doesn't mean they can't do damage. Hell the year the Giants ended the streak, they were a divisional also-ran and a wildcard winner.

And Kap, is highly overrated. Alex Smith led that same team to the NFC championship and gets no love, Kaepernick is a good player, and he's good, but he got lucky that Jim Harbaugh loved him, because if Harbaugh didn't hate Alex Smith, he'd still be the QB1 in San Fan with Colin as a backup. Kap is good, and he's going to have a good career, but people think he's a top 5 QB, a great elite QB, but he isn't.

Alex Smith was a special teams play away from taking his team to the superbowl, now ask yourself do you consider him an elite QB? Most people don't...

Also, Tebow is a good QB who was never given a chance to prove he deserves to be in the NFL, the one season he got playing time in as a starter, his team made it to the playoffs and he put up 300 yards on a top ranked D and won in OT against the reigning Super Bowl champions.

He didn't catch on in New England, because they already have the best QB of all time, and a good back up QB. They had no room for Tebow, they haven't recently been carrying 3QB's. And in New Jersey he didn't catch on, because his horrible Head Coach didn't know his talent, and didn't even want him. Rex didn't play Tebow, because Rex still thought Sanchez was a star in the making.

Tim Tebow going on a hot streak and winning the playoff game is the same thing as any backup QB who goes on a hotstreak and does the same thing. Between Koy Detmer, AJ Feeley and Jeff Garcia the Eagles did the same thing for many years

Plus Josh McCown wasn't "out of the league" when the Bears came calling. He had been back in the league since 2011 when the 49ers signed him in the offseason and released him early September. The Bears signed him mid to late November, so I guess he was "out of the league" for all of maybe 6 weeks, not 2 seasons like Tebow has been. Plus McCown at least had played some football while out of the NFL, having played for the UFL in 2010.

No team is going to bring in a decidedly average QB like Tebow this close to the start of the season when he hasn't played a game in 2 years

• Like 1

Tim Tebow going on a hot streak and winning the playoff game is the same thing as any backup QB who goes on a hotstreak and does the same thing. Between Koy Detmer, AJ Feeley and Jeff Garcia the Eagles did the same thing for many years

Plus Josh McCown wasn't "out of the league" when the Bears came calling. He had been back in the league since 2011 when the 49ers signed him in the offseason and released him early September. The Bears signed him mid to late November, so I guess he was "out of the league" for all of maybe 6 weeks, not 2 seasons like Tebow has been. Plus McCown at least had played some football while out of the NFL, having played for the UFL in 2010.

No team is going to bring in a decidedly average QB like Tebow this close to the start of the season when he hasn't played a game in 2 years

Jeff Garcia was a former starting QB, he doesn't belong in that list.

McCown didn't even make the San Fran practice squad, thats my point, he wasn't "In the league" barely if at all. He hadn't played in a NFL game since 2008 when Chicago signed him or completed a pass since 2007. Then even after they signed him he didn't play at all his second season in Chicago, before "Breaking" out last season.

Tebow, led a playoff push, won a playoff game, then played sparringly for The NY Jets, but he was still on the team getting reps in practice, then he was invited to the Patriots camp, and didn't catch on. The New England Patriots unless they have injury concerns at QB usually carry two active QBs, they didn't Tebow.

That "Decidedly average" QB is a winner, a leader, and a playmaker. He's an attention grabber, the Rams are begging for attention, Jeff Fisher wants to keep his job, the offense needs a leader, Tebow is a great fit in St, Louis,

Fisher has worked with mobile QB's who don't have the best throwing motion with success before,

EDIT: Jake Delhomme, he's a perfect example of why the Rams could and should think about going after Ryan Mallett or another teams Backup who could start. He was a career backup and then finally given a shot, led his team to success and started a Super Bowl.

Edited by Dagger