2014 NFL Season

Dan

According to Schefty a ruling on Gordon has been made but they're sitting on it.

Damn you NFL. My fantasy team needs to know! And the Browns too, I imagine.

They're waiting for the Friday-before-a-holiday news dump.

Probably the same reason why Aldon Smith's suspension ruling has taken forever to be announced too.

Edited by livid

Patriots trade G Logan Mankins to the Bucs for TE Tim Wright and a 4th round pick.

Well damn. I figured Mankins was a lifer in Foxboro.

Pretty big coup for the Bucs, Would be handy to help protect Josh McCown should they happen to sign him.

At this point it will be very strange to see him suspended for the entire season. There's no reason to have waited so long if that was the direction they were going.

I read he could also file a lawsuit that would allow him to play this year In the event he is suspended. He didn't fail his test by much and you have to think them waiting this long would help his case as well.

Plus, if they give him anything more than Ray Rice they are going to look bad and they have to know that given the recent backlash.

I really wish people would stop trying to compare the two. Gordon's suspension will be the result of multiple run-ins with the law and whether accurate or not, multiple drug test failures. It's a pattern of behavior and that's why he'll be suspended longer. If Ray Rice had a history of any issues with the league/law/whatever prior to his incident, his suspension would have been longer too.

I really wish people would stop trying to compare the two. Gordon's suspension will be the result of multiple run-ins with the law and whether accurate or not, multiple drug test failures. It's a pattern of behavior and that's why he'll be suspended longer. If Ray Rice had a history of any issues with the league/law/whatever prior to his incident, his suspension would have been longer too.

Yeah, I wasn't complaining personally so much as stating how many are going to react.

Well this is a league where it's seemingly impossible to get banned for life, no matter what crime you commit, they should probably work on that too.