2014 NFL Season

Dan

Man, I'm in the middle of a draft for a league my friend invited me to yesterday, and I feel like my team sucks.

I hate having the first pick. Plus FIVE IDPs? D:(

LOL, and, apparently, I had the best draft. A grade, predicted to go 12-2.

QB - Nick Foles (PHI)
RB - LeSean McCoy (PHI)
RB - Shane Vereen (NE)
WR - Julio Jones (ATL)
W/R - Antonio Brown (PIT)
W/T - Jason Witten (DAL)
BN - Carson Palmer (QB, ARI)
BN - Lamar Miller (RB, MIA)
BN - Bernard Pierce (RB, BAL)
BN - Mike Wallace (WR, MIA)
BN - Zach Ertz (TE, PHI)
K - Sebastian Janikowski (OAK)
DEF/ST - Buffalo Bills
DP - T.J. Ward (DB, DEN)
DP - Perry Riley (LB, WAS)
DP - Robert Quinn (DL, STL)
DP- Chad Greenway (LB, MIN)
DP - Johnathan Cyprien (DB, JAX)
BN - Donald Butler (LB, SD)

Yeah but you say that about every Jaguar.

Also Derek Carr becomes the first rookie in Raider history to start at QB in his first game. DMN, is thier line strong enough to keep him from becoming another David?

Jaguars.com considers second-year SS Johnathan Cyprien the most-likely Jag to "rise" in 2014.

Cyprien was routinely torched his first two months in the league, but steadied down the stretch. He's one of the reasons the Jags went 4-4 over their final eight games. Cyprien figures to remain a work-in-progress in coverage this season, but could be a difference maker against the run. Jul 9 - 8:36 AM

He's also number 6 on NFL.com's "making the leap"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000357032/article/around-the-leagues-making-the-leap-countdown

I don't just make this stuff up!

Yeah but you say that about every Jaguar.

Also Derek Carr becomes the first rookie in Raider history to start at QB in his first game. DMN, is thier line strong enough to keep him from becoming another David?

Probably not this season, but I don't think it'll get as bad as the Texans let it. Starting him is the best chance they have to improve, though.

Jaguars.com considers second-year SS Johnathan Cyprien the most-likely Jag to "rise" in 2014.

Cyprien was routinely torched his first two months in the league, but steadied down the stretch. He's one of the reasons the Jags went 4-4 over their final eight games. Cyprien figures to remain a work-in-progress in coverage this season, but could be a difference maker against the run. Jul 9 - 8:36 AM

He's also number 6 on NFL.com#s "making the leap"

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000357032/article/around-the-leagues-making-the-leap-countdown

I don't just make this stuff up!

And with Gus Bradley as coach there's reason to be optimistic about at least the defensive players.

There was a poll of some sort a while back, and I don't know who exactly was polled, but do you know which team was picked as least desirable to work for? The Raiders.

Seriously, unless Al Davis' son is as nuts as he was, I'm surprised the answer isn't the Browns or Jags.

*edit* Also, Jim Caldwell has said he doesn't think Michael Sam's sexual orientation is why he's a free agent. ROFLMAO!!!

Edited by GhostMachine

That's what I've always said. It's not because he's gay it's because of the media attention/distractions him being the first gay player brings.

All the NFL teams clearly feel his talent doesn't offset the distractions. That's why you saw T.O get gig after gig untilhe was 38 while Tebow is on ESPN at 27.

It's horribly unfair but it's just the way it is

• Like 1

Any predictions for the opening game of the season? I'm torn right now, gotta like the Seahawks to win but perhaps a closer game then some think... My book is giving them 6 points today, pretty good but I'm gonna have to take a better look later tonight and tomorrow before I make my decision.

Looking forward to the first week of the season pretty badly, should be fun to sit in front of my tv again for hours every sunday :D

Well, the Eagles are 11.5 point favorites, I believe, so that's pretty cool. I could live with Boykin picking Henne off twice.

Either way, I'm a little mad that there's only two 4:25 games this week. I usually like keeping Red Zone on while the Eagles aren't playing.

In news, Colts Owner Jim Irsay was suspended 6 games. What does an owner really do during the season anyway? It's not like he's involved in personnel right?

• Like 1

JUST TWO MORE DAYS UNTIL PACKER FOOTBALL MY BODY IS READY

Although my local NBC affiliate is having their annual dick measuring standoff with DirectTV so it's blacked out for now and I may have to watch online. :(

If Michael Sam was straight or in the closet, he'd have been a 2nd or 3rd rounder, at worse. I can't blame the Rams for not signing him to the team or the practice squad - though I'm sure ESPN will, since he sacked Johnny Football twice - but if no team signs him, whether its to their roster or practice squad, it will speak volumes about the NFL.

Personally, I'd love to see the Cowboys or Titans sign him.

Before he came out, he was considered at-best a 4th round prospect and apparently had a very poor performance at the combine, that's why he dropped so much. He's also considered somebody who would be primary a pass rusher, so he wasn't going to be an every down player. So, that's a limited skill set and roster spots are precious in the NFL. With no farm system, there's no real way for NFL teams to stash a guy and develop his talent.

But Adam Schefter is reporting that Sam has a visit with the Cowboys tomorrow to talk about a practice squad spot.

Michael Sam, the first openly gay NFL draftee, may not be appearing on next week's WWE RAW, even if he wanted to accept the invite, as he's expected to sign with the Dallas Cowboys this week. ESPN's Adam Schefter reports that Sam is headed to Dallas for a physical on Wednesday and if all goes well, he'll be a member of the Cowboy's practice squad.

Sam has not responded to WWE's invite yet. His invite is currently the top story on WWE's website.

Put it in spoiler tags since it was on RAW...again not sure if its a spoiler since its on WWE.com or something...

Wow, dude slept with a horse named Molly and the reason he gets punished is because he was on amphetamines? I would hope you'd have to be fucked out of your skull to do a horse.

• Like 2