NBA 2014/15 Season Thread

Plubby

Pistons are the ninth seed right now, and I think only a game back because Washington beat Brooklyn (thanks Washington). I'm not even going to harp on the move to get rid of Josh Smith anymore, this team is flat out playing good basketball right now, and winning in a variety of ways. We are getting contributions from different guys each game.

The biggest revelation has been how well Brandon Jennings has played. I dare say he is maturing, and taking on a leadership role that has been sorely missed in the last few years. I hope he keeps this play up because I really do think he has a ton of talent, just that he plays (or played) like a knuckle head. But perhaps SVG is the guy to really reign him in and harness his talent, it'd be nice if we can settle him in as as our PG going forward. I know Joe D made the move because he liked his potential over Brandon Knight, and I hope it will pay off going forward.

Unless they can find a steal of a trade for a SF, I wouldn't even make any moves right now. The chemistry is obviously working and I think it's important that this team get in the playoffs. Going forward, an 8th seed is better than a lottery pick to me because we need our young guys (and most our core is very young. Monroe, Drummond, Jennings, KCP are all under 25) to be playoff tested even if it means taking a beating from the Hawks or Bulls.

We split the home-and-home with Brooklyn actually. They crushed us in DC and we beat them in Brooklyn. Detroit will almost certainly get into the top 8, I could see them surging as high as the 4 or 5 seed. Outside of Atlanta, Washington, Toronto, and Chicago the east is wide open. Milwaukee is a great young team who seems a lock for perennial playoff appearances and then there's Cleveland who should get in despite being a dumpster fire. Miami and Brooklyn are both old teams and either of them could reasonably miss out. Charlotte and Detroit could both get in instead. It's hilarious that a team with 36 or 35 wins could feasibly make the playoffs as a 6 seed in the east.

Yikes, this might be the first game this season I watch live where we lose :(

Oh, and Kobe and Carmelo in the All-Star starting line-up again. Sigh. Harden not being on there, and Teague too, is just so damn irritating. I know I shouldn't care, it's just the All-Star game, but I can't help it.

If you need pointers on how to cope ask me :P. I'm getting by by thinking of the draft.

Having said that I have a horrible feeling the Knicks are getting the number 1 pick and Okafor will be getting Ewing hype.

I doubt he'll be another Ewing, but I'll take him.

I don't mean they will play similarly, I meant that he'll be gifted to you as a way to increase interest in the Knicks like Ewing >_>

Edited by Quom

I don't mean they will play similarly, I meant that he'll be gifted to you as a way to increase interest in the Knicks like Ewing >_>

Sour puss. :shifty:

You're not missing anything by not watching college basketball.

An actual final score from today. 57-28

Regular season college basketball can be soooooooo boring, but there are very few things in sports more fun that March Madness.

Sour puss. :shifty:

You're not missing anything by not watching college basketball.

An actual final score from today. 57-28

Regular season college basketball can be soooooooo boring, but there are very few things in sports more fun that March Madness.

I've started to sour on March Madness because so many of the games are torture to watch. Slow-paced looking for the perfect jump shot offenses with equally plodding defenses. The first weekend is a blast because there's enough intrigue to make it watchable but after that it's just, yeah. Occasionally there's a good game but at that point my interest is related to how good my bracket looks.

Kobe has torn his Rotator and is out indefinitely.

That will probably mean Harden gets his spot in the ASG, but I wonder where Kobe has to go from here now that he's got a serious injury AGAIN.

For all intents and purposes his body is completely messed up bad, and the only reason he has to return next season is 25M of cash, which he won't get if he retired officially.

Lakers are a complete mess as a team. They have no great youth to speak off other than an injured Randle, and people are avoiding the Lakers because Kobe's there.