2015 NFL Off Season Thread

Dan

I might have missed the discussion a bit, but is McPhee a good signing for the Bears? Not really sure with all this new fangled 3-4 set up coming in.

Well he put up numbers on a defensive line with Suggs, Dumervil, Ngata, and Williams. So he could wind up being like Paul Kruger and be good in spite of that, or he could have benefited just from being around such a good team.

Either way he's worth the chance, he gets to QBs in a hurry.

• Like 1

Now I feel bad for forgetting everyone's teams. It was a quick list off the top of my head! :P

What happened to Slogger btw? It just hit me he was a Ravens fan if I recall, but I haven't seen him post in here in a while.

And I think Pizza is a Packers fan as well.

It's off-season and unlike my original EWB run I kind of drop in and out of the board as I please these days. (Outside interests, I haz them) But thanks for remembering me, Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside <3

With the loss of Haloti Ngata, there is no longer even a footballing reason to pick them. They aren't a talented team. They've repeated recent history of off-field scumbaggery, and they aren't even the most pathetic underdog that you could pick and root for. Further their quarterback has the opinion of himself of Tom Brady with the actual ability of present-day Eli Manning. Flip the bit: Why would you pick them?

Well the team still has Eugene Monroe, Jimmy Smith, C.J. Mosley, Marshall Yanda, Brandon Williams, Terrell Suggs, Elvis Dumervil, and Lardarius Webb which is a fair amount of talent. And post-Ray Rice they're the only franchise that has had a very prominent no tolerance policy, take a look at Bernard Pierce getting cut just a few hours after a DUI. An underdog would have to not make the playoffs 6 of 7 years and have won 2 Super Bowls in the last 15 years.

Lineker you should pick them just to spite Plubby's silly propaganda.

I just try and tune out his Ravens vendetta at this point. But damshow makes a great point, Still a tonne of talent on that team. But I will still miss Ngata. :(

Matt Schaub signs with us to become Joe Flaccos backup (Must have lost Tyrod at some point while I wasn't looking) Heck, The only reason I noticed because It was on the Madden ticker.

Edited by Slogger

He picked a team with the BROCK LESNAR of the NFL. If he flips who knows what will happen?

Also re: Slogger, Tyrod is with the Bills. Flacco is invincible so I never pay too much attention to his backup but I personally would have rathered someone a bit more mobile for a change of pace should Joe need to miss a few plays.

• Like 1

He picked a team with the BROCK LESNAR of the NFL. If he flips who knows what will happen?

Also re: Slogger, Tyrod is with the Bills. Flacco is invincible so I never pay too much attention to his backup but I personally would have rathered someone a bit more mobile for a change of pace should Joe need to miss a few plays.

I may be slightly out of the loop, We're talking about BORK WATT right?

And again shows how much attention I've been paying since we let two 14 point leads slip in January :( Good for him, Hope he gets a good run there.

While I see your point about a mobile backup, I am slightly comforted that if by some act of God or Brock Lesnar attack that if Flacco does go down that we've got a former 2 time pro bowl QB as backup... Provided we can fix whatever he broke towards the end of his run in Houston.

Edited by Slogger
  • Like 1

I may be slightly out of the loop, We're talking about BORK WATT right?

No. His name is JJ Watt.

Joe Flacco is realistically the closest thing we have to a defense against a Watt/Lesnar rampage.

Oh god, I just had a nightmarish thought.

Add Lesnar to the current Texans line corps of Watt, Clowney and Wilfork or as they would then be known - Sack City, Bitch.

• Like 4