2016 Rio Summer Olympics

Yeah I don't really understand that at all. My school focused heavily on Rugby and Hockey, both primarily for the boys.

The tennis has turned hasn't it, Murray is getting smashed off the court at the moment. Del Potro is hitting harder, and Murray is playing to the Argentine's forehand which I don't really understand. I think this set has gone, he needs to regroup quickly to get going again in the third.

Yeah during the falls in my school there was football as a boy-only sport with field hockey and cheerleading for the girls.  Soccer and cross country had teams for each gender, ditto for basketball in the winter and pretty much every spring sport.  Wrestling and the ski team were officially unisex but female participation was very sparse.

Really had no idea field hockey was played by males in the rest of the world, feel like a lot of the lacrosse players from my school would have thrived.

Hurling is pretty fucking mental alright.

I was never any good at it though, takes insane hand to eye co-ordination and I was also a bit soft. So association football was the only thing I played at a high level!

Cavendish really tossed up in the Elimination Race. Rivals had gone out and he gets DQed for an illegal undertake. No idea what Victoria Pendleton was moaning about though, there was no doubt it was an infringement.

Murray has turned the screw on Del Petro thankfully, two straight breaks to win the third set and go within a set of victory. Del Potro is looking leggy now.

It keeps going back-and-forth. One game Murray looks unstoppable and the next Del Potro does. It's a great match. Murray needs to break here to stay in the set...

...and Murray breaks!

That makes Murray the first man to retain the Olympic title.

In athletics news, Kim Collins is about to run in the 100m semi-finals at the age of 40. That's a remarkable achievement in an event often considered a youngsters' game. There's also a guy called Bolt in there.