2016 Rio Summer Olympics

There are far too many track cycling events. They clearly just got to the point where they couldn't think of a sensible new event and started making words up. There are bits of them that are exciting, but that bit in the 'sprint' where they trundle round going 'I'M BEHIND YOU!' is terrible. Rather just see the pursuit where they actually have to go fast.

Tl:dr, I hate bike chess.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Colly said:

There are far too many track cycling events. They clearly just got to the point where they couldn't think of a sensible new event and started making words up. There are bits of them that are exciting, but that bit in the 'sprint' where they trundle round going 'I'M BEHIND YOU!' is terrible. Rather just see the pursuit where they actually have to go fast.

Believe or not, I'm pretty sure they've actually reduced the number of track cycling events there are since the last Olympics.

Mo Farah, what an incredible man. He falls over, springs right back up and still masters the whole field to win. I just felt pure emotion as he came round that bend.

Good effort from Greg Rutherford to take Bronze in the Long Jump, although a little fortunate due to the last jumper, USA's Jarrion dragging his hand through the sand to torpedo his own winning jump and keep Greg in the Top 3.

Oh, and my god how gutting for Fran Halsall. Hundredths out for Gold, and didn't even get a medal by inches. Cruel really.

10 hours ago, Colly said:

Baddarina: What the fuck are they doing? 

• Like 1

MO MO MO! HOW DO YOU LIKE IT, HOW DO YOU LIKE IT!

9 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I like the tactical stuff in the sprints. While the road race is a long battle of wits, track-based "bike chess" is akin to making a few tentative moves with your pawns before flipping the chess board over and starting a slap fight.

That's the best description of it :lol: 

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

Can somebody please explain to me what the fuck is happening during bike chess. Like, why?

Its tactics. Like in golf, why do they bother hitting it from that far out, it would be easier if they took the ball and put it next to the hole and tapped it in. Makes no sense giving yourself all that extra work.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

Maybe it's because we've gotten good at it, but I really do like watching cycling now, both track and road. Though I can't ride a bike myself o_O

What.

• Like 1