2016 Rio Summer Olympics

I feel you Cymbols, I can't ride one either. I just about learned to ride one when I was a kid, but hated it due to all the falling off so immediately stopped and somehow actually did forget, despite that great claim that "once you learn to ride a bike, you never forget". Ho hum.

The sprints would be so one dimensional if it didn't have that slow build-up though, you can't really dead start a bike sprint like if you're running, think about the road race - those awesome sprint finishes come after all the riders have ridden at varying paces for hours on end, they don't start 300 yards from the finish line.

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

I feel you Cymbols, I can't ride one either. I just about learned to ride one when I was a kid, but hated it due to all the falling off so immediately stopped and somehow actually did forget, despite that great claim that "once you learn to ride a bike, you never forget". Ho hum.

The sprints would be so one dimensional if it didn't have that slow build-up though, you can't really dead start a bike sprint like if you're running, think about the road race - those awesome sprint finishes come after all the riders have ridden at varying paces for hours on end, they don't start 300 yards from the finish line.

Imagine the shock on the other guys face if you just went balls out from the start

• Like 1

Just now, MDK said:

Imagine the shock on the other guys face if you just went balls out from the start

Yes, I imagine it would be quite a shock if one of the riders just took his shorts off on the start line. Would it help him win?

Just now, Adam said:

Yes, I imagine it would be quite a shock if one of the riders just took his shorts off on the start line. Would it help him win?

Less weight but less aerodynamic. It's a risky move, Bob.

• Like 2

A helpful note from the GB Women's pursuit team to the GB Men's pursuit team.

zszG5Eh.jpg

'Accidentally', yeah... :pervert:

• Like 7

Get in, very happy for him. Rose is one of the nice guys.

Giles Scott about to bring home Gold #13 in the Sailing apparently, and we are guaranteed at least one more from the Track Cycling tonight. Whitlock and Smith up next in the Gymnastics, we might actually be above China in the medal table for a time later! Superb Olympics we are having here.