NBA 2016-2017 Season

Tyrone

I love Isiah. I love Crowder. And I hate giving up a potential number one pick. 

But isiah was leaving after this season, we simply didn't have the cap space to give him the max deal he wants. Crowder was gonna be relegated to the bench most likely. And...well....we didn't NEED another top 5 pick. And we still have the laker pick from the trade with Phillie this year. 

All in all, we have a Kyrie/Hayward/Horford core for at least the duration of Kyrie's contract and that is exciting to me. Does it beat Golden State? Who knows. But it gets us there. 

• Like 1

That's a decent haul for Cleveland if they're anticipating LeBron is going to leave, while still helping them contend this season.

5 minutes ago, En Dub said:

I love Isiah. I love Crowder. And I hate giving up a potential number one pick. 

I mean they gave up a potential number one pick for a 25 year old that was the number one pick and is a proven player.  They've swap the risk of a player being a bust and the years a top pick would need to develop for a guy entering his prime.  It's the absolute best return you can get for a potential #1 pick.

LeBron is almost assuredly gone but having that Nets pick gives them the one shot they have of keeping him by flipping it for a superstar. Cavs took the best deal available regardless though, gotta commend them for that.

Celtics are the East faves now. A lot of talent, a great coach, and some wiggle room to add some bench presence as the season goes on. A Irving/Hayward/Horford core isn't winning a title, but it's probably getting them into The Finals. 

This has been a wild offseason, I'm glad teams are sitting down and just letting Golden State run roughshod over the league though. Teams are either accepting it's time to rebuild or teams are actively trying to put together a team that can compete.

Sadly, I think it's going to be at least a couple of years before anyone can compete with the Warriors, barring catastrophic injuries or star players on that team deciding to retire out of the blue for no good reason.

At this point, I don't particularly care who beats the Warriors, as long as someone beats them. I'd even settle for the Clippers knocking them out of the playoffs (yeah, right!), as long as the Clippers lose the Finals. 

P.S. LeBron would look awesome in Lakers gold and purple. 

Nerlens Noel turned town $17.5 million a year.  Enjoy your qualifying offer and the smaller contracts you get offered next year.

Reports I'm reading are that they're moreso threatening to undo the trade in exchange for the Lakers pick. This is a real bad scenario for the Celtics. Do you get strong armed into overpaying for Kyrie (which some people think happened with the trade in the first place) or do you undo the trade and bring back isiah who is reportedly really hurt over this whole trade fiasco?

The best case in seeing right now, unfortunately, is sending the lakers pick and getting Crowder back. Though I was excited for the open roster spot and possibly signing Tony Allen back to Boston