Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

11 hours ago, Adam said:

Claude Makelele has left Swansea to become manager at Belgian side Eupen.

Nevermind that though, the man he's replacing is named Jordi Condom!

They thought he was the safer option

• Like 2

There are 4 men Everton are looking at for the manager's job - and Diego Simeone is top of their list. Good luck with that. Be good to have him in the PL though! 

Big Sam (w/Craig Shakespeare as is sidekick), Marco Silva and David Unsworth himself are the other candidates. 

Allardyce & Shakespeare is enough to make me want Koeman back. Might as well give it to Unsworth instead of them. Don't need someone to keep the club up, I can't understand why they'd suddenly go against all usual logic and pick a survival panic option.

What happened to Tuchel being open to talks?

Plus the Allardyce has never relegated a side (until the last one) theory ignores the fact that he's left some clubs not long before relegation. You could argue that's because he's the one dragging crap sides kicking and screaming to 17th, but his Newcastle signings were utter shite. 

What needs to be done is that Premier League management jobs need to be given to young, up and coming British coaches with fresh, new ideas such as Roy Hodgson, David Moyes, Sam Allardyce and Harry Redknapp.

I'm a bit surprised Eddie Howe hasn't been mentioned once to be honest. He's an Everton fan who is widely regarded as the next big up-and-coming English boss, yet because Bournemouth have made a slow start this season he isn't even considered. Didn't they finish about 9th last term? Would much rather see them try to prise him than an unrealistic target like Simeone.

3 hours ago, Gazz said:

What needs to be done is that Premier League management jobs need to be given to young, up and coming British coaches with fresh, new ideas such as Roy Hodgson, David Moyes, Sam Allardyce and Harry Redknapp.

tbh, I can kinda see why a club would prefer to give a job mid-season to an experienced manager even if they're David Moyes, Roy Hodgson, Harry Redknapp or Sam Allardyce

I don't think Roy Hodgson has managed a side that has been relegated has he? Although he did contribute to Blackburn going down and had a go at doing the same for Liverpool. :shifty:

On 11/6/2017 at 18:53, Adam said:

Claude Makelele has left Swansea to become manager at Belgian side Eupen.

Nevermind that though, the man he's replacing is named Jordi Condom!

They're hoping Makelele proves to be an effective Plan B for the season