NBA 2017-2018 Season

Twist

45 minutes ago, Lars Kuyt said:

Anyway, still wondering, where is Kawhi?

"His people" claim that he isn't ready to return yet. But the Spurs doctors have cleared him to return a while ago. So, who knows?

6 hours ago, Jasonmufc said:

At this point, i'm firmly on the Sixers bandwagon this year. Simmons is unreal.

No joke. If the Raptors and Cavs beat each other up in the second round, and the 76ers walk into the conference finals, they have a great shot at going to the Finals.

LeBron is going to either Houston or Philly. I think for him wanting to ride out his career (and match MJ with 6 titles) the Sixers are a better fit. With sports medicine being what it is, and LeBron being so determined to go down as the greatest, I could see him playing into his 40s. Not sure if he'll get to Kareem's scoring mark, but he'll get everything else that matters. And if he goes to Philly he can probably get titles 4-6.

I think Houston is better short-term, but they're only going to be together for 2-3 years I'd wager.

1 hour ago, Pooker said:

If he goes to Philly or Houston just to chase rings, that's how I'll always remember him. A ring chaser. He'll never be in the same vein as MJ or Kobe.

I hate sports people that want to win. What an awful approach to competition. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Twist said:

I hate sports people that want to win. What an awful approach to competition. 

Don't have any problem with players wanting to win. Just don't see why the supposed best player in the league needs to keep switching teams and joining up with other great players to win. If you're so great, why can't you stay with the team that drafted you and make the players put around you into winners?

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

Knicks are considering David Blatt, which I think I'd be alright with trying. 

We're also considering Mike Woodson. Nothing says 'joke of a franchise' like re-hiring a guy that's already been fired once before for the same position. 

Blatt would be great for the Knicks. Thought he got the short end of the stick coaching LeBron.

1 hour ago, Pooker said:

Don't have any problem with players wanting to win. Just don't see why the supposed best player in the league needs to keep switching teams and joining up with other great players to win. If you're so great, why can't you stay with the team that drafted you and make the players put around you into winners?

Blatt would be great for the Knicks. Thought he got the short end of the stick coaching LeBron.

I mean this situation is a bit different because this will be the third time LeBron is going through free agency but I don't think it's really that fair to ask that a guy stay with the team that drafted him forever. What if you don't like management? What if another team is gonna pay you a buttload of money?7

That being said, I am pretty much always pro-player versus pro-team.

I think a lot of how I feel about it comes from growing up and watching Stockton and Malone play. Seems like a lot of the great players from that era waited until the end of their careers to go ring chasing.

I like to see the best players competing against the best players. Super teams drive me nuts. Always have, always will. I love the Warriors championship team from three years ago. It was organic. Good drafting, free agent signings that fit with the team. Durant signing there felt like him cheating to me.

I've actually liked most of the teams LeBron has had in Cleveland. I've always thought they've put players around him that fit perfectly. But, for whatever reason, he can't win it all unless he has other great players around him. And that's just the NBA today.  No loyalty to the city/team.

Also, Paul George is freaking on fire today.

6 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

One of the best storylines of 2017-18 has been OIadipo leaving OKC and immediately becoming James Harden-lite. Dude might finish higher than Westbrook in MVP voting!

Oladipo has been amazing. Made a huge leap this year! Liked him last year, was kinda sad seeing him go but we got PG13 for it, will be happy with the trade if he stays with us.