NBA 2017-2018 Season

Twist

4 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I'm sad Philly is done. They were the last truly interesting team to me. Not sure who to cheer for now. Maybe Boston? They lost all their best guys and are still going strong so that's kinda cool

At this point, I typically just root for a good series and not a sweep.

I predicted Cleveland to win the east at the start of the playoffs, but I fully expect Boston to push them to seven and possibly beat them. The Celtics play D like it’s nobodies business.

That said, I originally predicted Cleveland because I’ll never count out LeBron.

Yeah utterly idiotic decision. You become first in the east, get the second best record in the NBA ahead of the Warriors AND Cavaliers. You beat the Wizards in the first round in six games, then get wiped out by a Playoff LeBron that's on a different level entirely and pretty much an unstoppable entity.

There's nothing he could've done better in this case, it's not Casey's fault that Lowry and DeRozan didn't show up when it mattered. The Raptors aren't a team that is deep enough to be a finals team, and LeBron as a singular player is just too fucking ridiculously great to get your good team past.

He's going to win coach of the year too, as a massive fuck you to Masai Ujiri 

I don't think Toronto is going to reset but I feel like there was a lot of pressure to have some sort of change in the coaching department. That's three straight years of losing to the Cavs in the playoffs. I love Casey and he's going to have success somewhere else but I don't think it's a terrible thing to try something new in Toronto. 

I think this was the high water mark for this Toronto team. They'll join the list with the Paul George/Roy Hibbert/Lance Stephenson Pacers and the Broken Bulls as great teams that had their windows open at the same exact time one of the 3 greatest players ever was at his apex. Lowry and DeRozan are un-moveable and they don't have flexibility to add to their roster. Meanwhile Boston and Philly are both only going to get better, there's a good argument for Indiana and Milwaukee both hanging around the top of the east for the next few years. And if LeBron stays in the east it doesn't matter where he is, that team's a force to be reckoned with.

I can understand the Raptors wanting to try something new as a last ditch effort, but I don't seem them improving on this year at all.