NBA 2017-2018 Season

Twist

That was a great series, even if I only watched a bit of Game 7. People will say Boston choked, same old boring thing, etc... but honestly the complaints against it are even more tiresome. It's great, fun basketball, LeBron is a one-man force that we haven't even recognize, just enjoy it, I think. I understand why people don't like it, but you could just not watch, I guess.

I like LeBron. And I've watched a lot of these playoffs. But I didn't watch any of last year's finals, and if it's Cleveland/Golden State again this year, I won't be watching a second of it either. If it's Houston/Cleveland, I'm all in, but I didn't even want watch Warriors/Cavs part 3, let alone part 4. 

Obviously didn't want the season to end tonight, but I'm very proud of what this team accomplished. Without the doubtlessly two best players, they made the conference finals and pushed it to game 7. Sure, they crumbled and played really sloppy at the end but that's just a sign of youth for Brown and Tatum. Those kids are gonna be something special, especially if they stick together. 

I especially loved the bookends for Tatum's season of him having his first dunk blocked by Lebron, then getting the huge dunk on Lebron tonight. Mostly just looking forward to next season and how ridiculously good this team will be with Kyrie and Hayward back. 

Now for the love of all things good, Save_us.Houston 

Yeah I mean Lebron is amazing and I enjoy Larry Nance too but it doesn't mean I want to see Cavs/Warriors again. I mean it will probably be good Basketball but it would be like Wrestlemania being main evented by the same 2 guys every year. Maybe they put on great matches but sometimes you just want something different

Teams meeting 4 years in a row in any sport is unprecedented.  The Celtics met 4 out of 5 years in the 60's, I know it hasn't happened in MLB, and there was Habs vs Red Wings 4 out of 5 times in the 50's in the NHL. For it to happen when there are 30 teams as opposed to a dozen makes it even more incredible.

But I'm lukewarm on seeing it again. Especially because as great as LeBron is I can't see it happening for Cleveland. They barely got past Indiana and Boston--2 teams that GSW or Houston would wipe the floor with. For Cleveland a matchup with Houston is more winnable as if you can contain Harden they don't have other guys who can beat you. With the Warriors there are 3 guys who can take over a game and win it single handedly.

The Rockets have once again pissed away a big first half lead, because they go cold on their 3's and they apparently have no idea how to shoot inside the three-point line. It's so aggravating when a team can't hit threes yet they insist on still fucking shooting them. Adapt, for Christ's sake, you're professional athletes.