NBA 2018-2019 Season

Pooker

Well, cant say I'm surprised the Jazz didn't make a move. Guess I'll just have to be content with another 2 round playoff exit, maybe picking up another role player in free agency, and being a treadmill team.

Its a shitty situation that he's going through with Turkey and I really hope it works out for Kanter and his family and that he's able to go back home again one day.

That said, he's a crybaby and I hope he doesn't get signed.

On 07/02/2019 at 20:17, DMN said:

Lakers traded Zubac and Beasley across the hall for Mascala. Doesn't make much sense except as a salary move for this summer.

EDIT: Actually, it does open up a slot for a signing, and I heard we'll be active on the buyout market, so we'll see.

Y'all can finally get the dream team of Lebron and Melo!

Nah. They will sneak in. Clippers aren't going to make the playoffs, I can easily see the Jazz not making it either. LeBron will go on a tear after the All-Star break and pull the Lakers into the playoffs.

Edited by Pooker

If Dennis Smith Jr had kept trying his penultimate dunk the contest might still be going on now.

I understand the need for originality and flamboyance but the degree of difficulty has to be kept within the limits of probability of success, and for everyone's sanity they've got to put an attempt limit on them, and if there is one it needs to be lowered.

14 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

If Dennis Smith Jr had kept trying his penultimate dunk the contest might still be going on now.

I understand the need for originality and flamboyance but the degree of difficulty has to be kept within the limits of probability of success, and for everyone's sanity they've got to put an attempt limit on them, and if there is one it needs to be lowered.

Honestly there needs to be either a max of 2 attempts, or just straight up deducting points for every missed attempt, because getting 50 points whilst having clanked half a dozen of attempts is just... kinda shit.

Shades of Chris Andersen

On 15/02/2019 at 14:35, Pooker said:

About time. Still won't be enough to keep Davis. I wonder if it was in respond to him not trading Davis?

I think it was in response to the fact that nobody will be fair in negotiating with him now since he's on the record of negotiating in bad faith with the Lakers. He never was going to make a trade with a big market western conference team. He just kept up appearances by responding no to offers. It's a bad look for an organization to keep him on board after doing that, even if it was actually done with the organization's best long-term goals in mind.