NBA 2018-2019 Season

Pooker

Yeah they're only making a move if they know Kyrie is staying after he opts out. If he does they make the move even if Rich Paul has basically told teams he's only signing with the Lakers. You get one year of Kyrie, Davis, and Hayward together in the exact year that there may be a power vacuum if KD leaves the Warriors. Then you use that year to show Davis what he could be a part of in Boston and hope he stays for at least 2 more years before going after his megadeal.

But NO is doing nothing until the summer, as much as Rich Paul is trying to pull the strings to get Davis in LA now. He most likely won't be there until 2020.

[Wojnarowski] New York has agreed with Dallas on trade that includes Kristaps Porzingis, Courtney Lee, Tim Hardaway Jr., for Wesley Matthews, Dennis Smith Jr. and DeAndre Jordan, league sources tell ESPN. Players and agents are being notified of particulars. Deal may include more draft assets.

Did not see that coming. I wonder if Dirk will stick around for another year to play with KP and Luka?

I might need to find an east coast team to start rooting for. The Jazz will never have enough Balls to make a move like that or be able to put a team together to compete in the west for a championship. 

On the one hand I'm sad that DSJ is leaving because I really liked the kid and the potential he has as far as being an explosive guard is concerned. I felt that he wasn't given a fair shake at least by media/fans this year and he was definitely improving in a good way... But reports of him not gelling well with Luka, and generally needing to drive a lot with the ball kinda limited his chemistry with Luka who is a magician with the ball.

Wes Matthews, also got treated unfairly by the fandom and treated like this super inefficient scorer, which is semi-warranted but he still delivered it. But at this point in time he's 32 and not adding much to a young team, so the writing has been on the wall for him for a while now.

DeAndre Jordan being moved... Well, he's a beast but he's a beast on an expiring deal, and he's also 30 so again, he doesn't help push the age-needle down. At the same time a guy in Maxi Kleber has been extremely impressive as a defensive cog on a nothing contract, so it's hard to warrant keeping DAJ around when he can up and leave at any time, or ruin the budget if he gets resigned. Also DAJ has been brilliant all year, but it's clear he's not a player that is motivated every night and that hurt us a bunch of times.

On the other hand we got in return.

Courtney Lee, a salary player that adds little, but maybe he'll find his shooting touch off the bench, Mavs can always use shooting.

Tim Jr, he's been great this year, getting him will be a huge boost and he's definitely better AND younger than Wes Matthews at this point in time. Hefty contract, but he seems to be earning it, so yay!

And of course Kristaps Porzingis, in a move that was mostly fantasy, he's coming to the Mavs to take the baton from the other beastly big man Dirk. All can be said is 'wow', if he comes back healthy, the Mavs have a bonafide killing duo in Luka and KP6. Of course there's the hope he'll resign with the Mavs, but honestly, I think with the track record the Mavs have with their euro's, we have a good shot at keeping him for the next 4-5 years with another bonafide star in Luka.

Honestly, it's a massive loss for the Knicks. DSJ has potential, but they also have Frank Nitilikina from the same draft playing the same position, it's going to be an even bigger mess. On top of that they got Mudiay, again a guard. They're going to be swimming in guards, and they're 100% going to less DeAndre Jordan who sure as hell isn't going to stick around for a team that is going nowhere.

Mavs win big time, i'm a bit sad for DSJ leaving, but for the haul of Tim Jr and the Unicorn, we won the lottery.

4 hours ago, El TiBrandon Nimmo said:

Knicks got bamboozled. Is there any traction to AD going to the Lakers? The Pelicans are definitely going to send him away soon somewhere.

I don't see any reason for them to trade for him this season when he's supposedly made it clear that he wants to be in LA.

Yeah, I know, 'Paul George...'. I'd still rather keep our assets and wait it out. We're the Los Angeles Lakers, we don't do panic moves.

Seeing as how Davis is signed through the end of the 2020 season, the Lakers would be waiting for a while to sign him. Is he really going to sit out a season and a half just to sign with the Lakers?