NBA 2018-2019 Season

Pooker

4 hours ago, Malenko said:

That was NBA Live 96 (Season 95/96). I'm pretty sure I've played that game more than any other NBA game I've ver had!

Yeah, those mid-to-late 90's NBA Live games were fantastic.

I don't understand the Knicks. I know Boston is on a losing streak, but we are a team that can't beat the Hawks, but easily handled the Celtics last night. 

Yeah it's been a fun start to the season. As everything regresses to the means the usual suspects will start moving to the top of each conference and the bottom of each conference respectively. What I will say is the middle is a lot more wide open than in most years. Especially in the east. 

3 hours ago, Meacon said:

Yeah, those mid-to-late 90's NBA Live games were fantastic.

I don't understand the Knicks. I know Boston is on a losing streak, but we are a team that can't beat the Hawks, but easily handled the Celtics last night. 

Yeah, they were fun as hell. I always liked using the Sonics on NBA Live 95 also. 

Did you know the golfer mini game code for NBA Live 95? REFLOG

Dwight Howard was in a relationship with a transwoman and she was allegedly harrassed, threatened, and manipulated by him and his 'pastor'. Catfishing also involved? Includes DMs and phone calls, apparently.

Dwight Howard is, apparently, a 6'11" bottom, which is... I dunno. It's like an Escher painting, I can't quite wrap my mind around it.

I'll be on r/nba with the popcorn.

Edited by DMN

Dude slept with a woman who wrote a book about all the famous people she's slept with, is shocked when it goes public and causes a scandal.

Supposedly she has tried to blackmail people before and lost so wait until the evidence comes out I suppose.

Dwight's got real sketchy religious views anyway. Remember when he came into the league he wanted to add a cross to the NBA logo. He's an example of what happens when a sheltered guy from a very religious upbringing suddenly is obscenely wealthy and famous and has everyone in the world wanting his time.

• Like 1

In other news, Mavs continue their strong trend with their seventh win in nine games. This time beating the struggling Celtics off a phenomenal team performance with Barnes and Barea carrying the scoring burden.

It was Luka's first start as the official Point Guard with DSJ nursing a wrist injury, and he got a season high 8 assists and 3 steals as he continues to just be so extremely solid from such a ridiculously early age. I think what really puts him above Ayton and Trae is that he's damn efficient and consistent on a night-in night-out basis, whereas the others (Trae) especially are still very hot/cold depending on the games.

Also the Mavs just have so much amazing rotational talent that show up when they need a spark. Whether it's vets like Barea or Harris, or guys like Kleber/Powell/Brunson. But I think Dorian Finney-Smith is easily their best ongoing story as this kid came into the league as a four year college undrafted rookie, and he's just been working every single night, and slowly becoming into a phenomenal all-round talent that might not win awards, but is an integral part of the Mavs rotation as a guy that is never lazy and can lock down anyone on the opposing team.

DFS has also had a big jump in scoring efficiency this season, with an efg of 58% right now, and whilst he was a liability from three in the past, he's managed to remove that flaw and become and invaluable rotational asset.

The Jazz have traded Alec Burks and 2 second round picks to the Cavs for Kyle Korver.

I fully expect us to rattle off 15 straight victories and be on top of the Western Confernce by the end of the year.

3 hours ago, Tyrone said:

Amazing Warriors/Raps game. Could watch KD versus Kawhi everyday

So annoyed with the Raps and Kawhi. If only they weren't dickish in the off-season, I would be freely enjoying them as my boys in the East. Now, it just feels slightly dirty for what they did to Demar and the Spurs.

Pistons got a big win over the Warriors last night. It brought them to 13-7, our 20th game. 

Last year, we beat a hot Boston team on our 20th game, and things good. Then it went to shit. 

We’ll see? We didn’t have Blake yet last year. His contract is heavy, but he’s really been outstanding with us.

2 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

Pistons got a big win over the Warriors last night. It brought them to 13-7, our 20th game. 

Last year, we beat a hot Boston team on our 20th game, and things good. Then it went to shit. 

We’ll see? We didn’t have Blake yet last year. His contract is heavy, but he’s really been outstanding with us.

I think Blake is in a really good spot with the Pistons to lead the team. But I feel that despite having a really potent tandem of Blake and Drum, they don't have the depth to make a real splash in the playoffs. 

Drummond has a strong year, but he's one of the least efficient bigs in the league scoring wise and his free throw shooting is utterly atrocious (and with how DeAndre Jordan turned around, he has no excuse to be 47% from the stripe). Reggie Jackson is a good point guard, but that's pretty much all you can say about him, speaks volumes that Blake averages more assists than him.

But the most worrisome trend is that they have nobody on the team that shoots over 40% from deep, which in this day and age is something that any team needs. They're really old school and they got the chance for an upset or two, but they really need a lot more depth and maybe a true #3 player on offense to put the team anywhere near contention.

But Blake is damn fun to watch offensively though, and i'm glad he's away from that toxic mess that was the 'Big Three' Clippers.

13 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

I think Blake is in a really good spot with the Pistons to lead the team. But I feel that despite having a really potent tandem of Blake and Drum, they don't have the depth to make a real splash in the playoffs. 

Drummond has a strong year, but he's one of the least efficient bigs in the league scoring wise and his free throw shooting is utterly atrocious (and with how DeAndre Jordan turned around, he has no excuse to be 47% from the stripe). Reggie Jackson is a good point guard, but that's pretty much all you can say about him, speaks volumes that Blake averages more assists than him.

But the most worrisome trend is that they have nobody on the team that shoots over 40% from deep, which in this day and age is something that any team needs. They're really old school and they got the chance for an upset or two, but they really need a lot more depth and maybe a true #3 player on offense to put the team anywhere near contention.

But Blake is damn fun to watch offensively though, and i'm glad he's away from that toxic mess that was the 'Big Three' Clippers.

Yeah, agreed on basically all of that. I’m hoping Stanley Johnson is starting to figure it out, that would be such a boost. They definitely need to make another move or two to make them more interesting. 

26 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Yeah, agreed on basically all of that. I’m hoping Stanley Johnson is starting to figure it out, that would be such a boost. They definitely need to make another move or two to make them more interesting. 

I'd honestly tell them to try and package something together for John Wall or Bradley Beal, but they really have nothing to offer the Wizards in return. For a team that's on the up, they're painfully lacking in true eye-popping youth talent.

Nobody is trading for John Wall. His contract is way too horrible for anybody to want to take on.

It won't happen, but I wish the Jazz would make an offer for Beal. Something along the lines of Rubio/Favors/Exum and a first for him.