NBA 2018-2019 Season

Pooker

As far as the actual trade is concerned now. Oubre/Rivers for Ariza is a pretty alright deal for both sides.

Austin Rivers is a throw in, he's awful this season and he won't be missed in Washington, and he'll give the Suns an actual guard, whether he'll be a positive, god knows at this point with him.

Kelly Oubre is in the final year of his rookie deal and with his production he'll want a big deal in the summer, Wizards aren't going to give that money to a guy like him. He's a good capable energy player who can score over ten a game, but he's still very rough and isn't close to Jeff Green or Otto Porter in terms of efficiency. Wiz have two wing players that can do his job with better efficiency, so why pay him big when Otto Porter is already the one getting paid? On the Suns though, he'll get paid and his age/roughness won't be a bad thing because the Suns aren't looking to contend this year, despite having won two in a row for the first time in a year.

The Wizards are also a bit of a dumpster fire, they were aiming for a high playoffs seed with Wall/Beal/Howard/Porter/Kieff. Howard is out with back surgery, Otto has regressed on offense, and Kieff is his incosistent self and still hasn't made the jump to being a true starter. Meanwhile John Wall is his high energy inefficient self.

Ariza might be gone in the summer, but he's a player with plenty of experience who can be a positive on defense and efficient in a good system. He's there not to carry the team to a title, but they're undoubtedly hoping his presence in the locker room will have a positive effect on the team and hopefully put them back on track for the playoffs.

The Wiz will still be a terribly lopsided team with or without Ariza, but it's not a terrible deal... I'd still would've expected the Wiz to get a pick out of this, instead of just Ariza.

So, last night, James Harden got away with a blatant travel, doing a double step back. He missed the shot, but the refs called a foul, awarding him with three free throws. It essentially cost the Jazz the game (lots of other stuff actually made us lose, but this was the icing on the cake.) Today, the NBA referees association came out on Twitter saying that they missed the call. I just have one question...

HOW THE HELL DO YOU MISS A BLATANT TRAVEL CALL LIKE THAT AT THE END OF A CLOSE GAME!? What was the referees looking at? Does Hardens beard distract them from watching his feet?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming the refs for us losing last night. Hell, I hope we keep losing until these players wake up and start playing like we did last year, but that is one of the worse missed calls I've ever seen.

The refs have been terrible for a while now. Gobert criticized them a few weeks ago and they found a way to toss him five minutes into the game.

Refs are not just bad, they're power tripping and can't handle any form of critique from anyone.

Also, in other news, Austin Rivers has been waived by the Suns... So they got their only PG and decided to send him packing immediately, effectively doing a 1 for 1 trade of Ariza for Oubre...

• Like 1

I wish the Jazz would protest the game to the NBA. The refs admitted they were wrong, the L2M report put out by the league admitted it was a missed called. They should get to replay the game from the spot of the travel. But, I doubt that would happen. 

Kinda shocked the Suns waived Rivers. Wasnt the whole point of the trade was for the Suns to get a point guard so that Booker could move back to shooting guard?

On 24/12/2018 at 16:49, Tkasto said:

He's just so polished and poised, there's not a lot that gets to him on the court and he's arguably the coolest guy on the court even during crunch time. The fact he's 19 is mindblowing every time he plays because he has such a brilliant mind for the little things that go into the sport.

Just now, Pooker said:

Its only December. Everybody knows the Warriors don't care until March and April. 

LOL, as a Lakers fan it's hysterical to hear that shit. This was a big game, bigger for the Lakers than it was for the Warriors, but trust, no one in the West wants to play the Lakers in the playoffs.

Is it hysterical because they used to say the same thing about the Lakers when y'all had Kobe and Shaq, or Kobe and Gasol? It's always made me laugh, because it's such a cop-out answer. 

And, I agree, nobody wants to see the Lakers in the playoffs. Especially if they add another Star. Those young players aren't going to scare too many teams in this league.

3 hours ago, Pooker said:

Is it hysterical because they used to say the same thing about the Lakers when y'all had Kobe and Shaq, or Kobe and Gasol? It's always made me laugh, because it's such a cop-out answer. 

And, I agree, nobody wants to see the Lakers in the playoffs. Especially if they add another Star. Those young players aren't going to scare too many teams in this league.

The NBA is going to do everything possible to make sure we see as much of them as possible in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pooker said:

Yeah, that's basically why it's hysterical.

The young core is kind of unfairly maligned.The only one that really hasn't been able to start getting it figured out with Lebron is Brandon Ingram.

39 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

But will it heel him??

I'll get my coat.

Pretty sure he's a big heel in Washington right now. :shifty:

Exits thatta way, right?

• Like 1

John Wall has had multiple possessions were he's stood in the same place the entire time. Everyone thought he was just being whiny and lazy but I think it's pretty obvious he had something going on physically.

Anyway, the Wizards window is officially shut so they might as well flip Beal for assets at some point.