NBA 2018-2019 Season

Pooker

That just sucks. Pacers have been playing great and Victor is a major part of that. Hate to see anybody go down with an injury but sucks even more when they're having this great of a season. 

On the one hand I'm like oh fuck that shit, and the Lakers (heyyy DMN!  Haven't had that sentiment in years!)  but for realistically, the Pelicans could get a great return from them if LA sends some of its young guys back.

They're reporting wanting Ball, Kuzma, Zubac, and a first round pick. Which would be a great haul for them. And it would be great to see Ball's dad freaking out that he got traded away from the Lakers and Lebron. 

I understand his reasons because he can't carry a team by himself in this star-driven league, but AD leaving would rip the heart out of New Orleans basketball. He is so adored there,, mainly because of all the promises of allegiance he has made to the city in the past.

There's some fans and reporters here in Utah hoping that the Jazz make a run at Jrue Holiday. Not sure how I feel about it. A change at point would be for the better, but I think our best bet would be to put Mitchell there and run Exum at shooting guard. I wouldn't be upset if we traded for Mike Conley like other rumors are suggesting, but just going with Rubio this year and throwing our money/cap space at a stretch four next summer would be our best move.

12 hours ago, Pooker said:

Anthony Davis has requested a trade from the Pelicans. Obviously, ESPN is blowing their load that he gets traded to the Lakers.

10 hours ago, Pooker said:

They're reporting wanting Ball, Kuzma, Zubac, and a first round pick. Which would be a great haul for them. And it would be great to see Ball's dad freaking out that he got traded away from the Lakers and Lebron. 

10 hours ago, Maxx said:

On the one hand I'm like oh fuck that shit, and the Lakers (heyyy DMN!  Haven't had that sentiment in years!)  but for realistically, the Pelicans could get a great return from them if LA sends some of its young guys back.

Coming soon to the New Orleans Pelicans, YOUR 2017 LOS ANGELES LAKERS!

I honestly hope not. I love the young core. It is funny how the names all seem to change based on who's playing well at the time. It's totally the type of trade the Lakers win because the guys who are hot at the moment get traded and the ones that stay turn out better. Ball, Kuzma, and Zubac isn't that bad, though I'd love to keep Lonzo, I think his issues are overblown (I mean, he can't shoot, but he can pass and play defense), better than including like, literally everyone. I'm probably too 'emotionally' attached to the young guys, though.

What offer could Boston give that is better than what the Lakers could give?

All the rumors are pointing towards Davis tired of being the only superstar on a team and with Irving not being committed to Boston, rumors are saying Davis doesnt want a trade there.

23 minutes ago, Pooker said:

What offer could Boston give that is better than what the Lakers could give?

All the rumors are pointing towards Davis tired of being the only superstar on a team and with Irving not being committed to Boston, rumors are saying Davis doesnt want a trade there.

Jayson Tatum.

Tatum would be great, but several other players would have to be included to get the salaries to match. And with no guarantee that Davis would stay in Boston, why mortgage trading a great player in Tatum?

Didn't say it was a good move, but its one they will definitely make.  Tatum, Jaylen Brown and anything else the Celtics feel like giving up is just as good, if not better than what the Lakers will offer.

15 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Didn't say it was a good move, but its one they will definitely make.  Tatum, Jaylen Brown and anything else the Celtics feel like giving up is just as good, if not better than what the Lakers will offer.

Then Kyrie comes to the Lakers to form a super team with LeBron and KD. I like it.

38 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Oh, it's great for New Orleans. Not so much for Boston.