NBA 2018-2019 Season

Pooker

So...Magic Johnson is saying that he was backstabbed and that's one of the reasons he stepped that. I hate the Lakers, but it's a shame to see the organization turning in to a mess.

Saw it coming. Nurkic would have had to have been playing to even give the Blazers a shot at winning even one game. Hopefully the Bucks can close out the series against the Raptors ASAP so that the Warriors don't get too much rest.

I'm finding this post season a lot more enjoyable since I don't really mind if the Warriors win again. I did the same thing with the Patriots winning the Super Bowl this year. I figure it's pretty much a foregone conclusion, so I can't be upset when they do win.

5 Finals in a row is unbelievable. It hasn't happened in over 50 years. You can argue LeBron making 8 in a row is more impressive, and had he stuck around in Miami the Heat would have likely made some more as a team. But, as they say, if it didn't happen it didn't happen.

What I find most amazing about this run is, like Jordan's Bulls, there are multiple teams that in any other era would be winning a title or two that are just getting crushed by them. Chicago had the Knicks, Magic, Blazers, Pacers, Sonics, and Jazz that all didn't accomplish what they could have. The Cavs would have been 3 or 4 time champions without the Warriors getting in their way. Houston or OKC might have a title as well.

It's weird. Despite Portland being swept, they actually spent more minutes being ahead of Golden State than losing. Shame Portland couldn't just close, or stop GSW once they got hot.

4 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Never doubted the Raptors for a second. Nope, not me. Always thought they would be able to tie the series. 

I'm terrible with basketball. The moment the other team goes on a run greater than 2-0 I think the game is over.

My wife has given me permission to go to the finals if the Raptors make it, so I'm praying it works out. I never made it to a Jays playoff game during their recent run and I feel the NBA finals could be a long time away after this year, so it may be my only chance.

• Like 1

I got to go to a couple Finals games when the Jazz made it in the 90s. I was young but have never forgotten them. Amazing experience. Hopefully I'll get to experience it again one day. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Meacon said:

I want Toronto to lose just because of that annoying Drake fella. What an annoying little douche-nozzle. Sit down, fool. This isn’t about you.

Yeah, I was happy with either team going through originally, but Drake has completely swung my favour towards the Raptors losing. It takes a special form of delusion to believe that you're so important that you can directly get involved with a team's head coach, and I'm half expecting him to end up in a huddle during a time out of game 6 because nobody seems inclined to stop him.

3 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Yeah, I was happy with either team going through originally, but Drake has completely swung my favour towards the Raptors losing. It takes a special form of delusion to believe that you're so important that you can directly get involved with a team's head coach, and I'm half expecting him to end up in a huddle during a time out of game 6 because nobody seems inclined to stop him.

He's employed by the team and the players love him, so he won't be going away any time soon.