NBA 2018-2019 Season

Pooker

5 minutes ago, Eric Buschenhagen said:

KD has reportedly torn his achilles.

The Knicks remain utterly cursed.

I'm utterly livid at sports fans and sports media, because they definitely deserve a part of the blame in constantly railing on his heart and drive to the point he went out to play when he was nowhere near 100%, and got hurt because of it.

Yeah, he made the decision to go out. But if it had been Klay or Dray as a game time decision, people wouldn't have been nearly as brutally harsh in questioning them.

I feel utterly terrible for KD.

Between this and Isaiah Thomas, there's no reason to gamble your livelihood.

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 1

If there's any positive from KD's standpoint - he has a $31.5 option for next year.  When the option was included in the contract, it was assumed he would be hitting free agency - but it was insurance policy for exactly a situation like this.  He can get paid for another year while gearing up for 2020.

What I don't know is if there's an injury provision in the contract that could prevent the salary from counting against Golden State's cap.  If it hits their cap they're in serious trouble.

Game last night was absolutely insane. Feel bad for KD, hate to see that happen to anybody. That last play, you could definitely see the difference I'm experience levels between the two teams. Raptors seemed like they had no idea what to do, Warriors pressured, and it was over.

Not sure where the series goes from here. Hopefully, Warriors win game 6 and Toronto gets game 7 at home.

• Like 1

https://streamable.com/p93kr

Jalen Rose spitting fire at the media and the fans, and I fully agree with the sentiments (which I did earlier before I found this video). With the Media and the Fans wanting their pound of flesh in seeing KD dress up when he wasn't healthy with all the false narratives and demands that KD prove himself when he had no reason to in a sensible world. And now the inevitable happened, everyone suddenly acts like they care when a day before they were questioning his heart, soul, and legacy.

"Everybody brings flowers to your funeral, but nobody brings you soup when you're sick."

• Like 2