NBA 2018-2019 Season

Pooker

21 hours ago, VerbalPuke said:

What do you guys know about the Pistons move? From my limited knowledge he has potential but is very raw at this point. But we needed to swing for the fences, we don’t need another fucking role players.

Was just reading an interview with Rudy Gobert and he was asked about the French player the Pistons drafted. He had this to say...

I think he’s a steal. He’s an unbelievable talent. He loves the game. I think he’s a competitor and he’s made so much progress in such a short time this year that I don’t see any limits for him. It’s going to be up to him to be whatever he wants to be. He’s got all the tools to be an amazing two-way player. I’m excited to see what he’s going to do.

• Like 1

He's not going to say something bad about him obviously.

However, he's young and playing with experienced people. I give him that. When he was playing with ntilikina back in the under 18 european championship, he was the second best player in the team while being 2 years younger than him. Maybe I underestimated him. He was really young. But definitely he's very far from having the impact Doncic had at 18 for instance so don't expect him to have an impressive season right off the bat. Last season I tried to convince people Doncic was the real deal. I definitely won't do it now. He's not as impressive as, say, teenage Saric was at the time.

• Like 1

Awards were handed out tonight. Giannis is MVP, Gobert DPOY, Luka is rookie of the year, Bucks coach is coach of the year. Lou Williams won sixth man of the year for the third time.

For once, the NBA got all the awards correct. 

• Like 1

I think the Raptors got robbed personally. Nurse should be coach of the year. Khawi MVP. DeRozen should be comeback player of the year, in as much as he should comeback next year.

Nurse did have a very strong argument for winning coach of the year. They really could not have gone wrong with him or Bud.

I think Kawhi only playing in 60 games hurt his chances for MVP. Giannis only missed ten games, and as far as I know, none of those were due to load management like Kawhi's were.

Does Chris Paul run their Twitter account? Seems like something he would do. Also, finishing top 2 in MVP voting four out of the last five seasons is not a reason why somebody should win MVP.

I don't really understand why anybody would have thought that KD would opt in. His injury isn't going to rob him of all of his skills and he was one of, if not the, best players in the league prior to his injury. 

Plus there's the fact that he may not trust the Warriors training staff after what happened so seeking the right situation to rehab is going to be a factor too. 

4 hours ago, Meacon said:

I was under the impression you liked the Knicks and Dolan?

I'm a Lakers fan, and think Dolan is an idiot. Y'all have my sympathies, since I had to put up with Jim Buss.

The Rockets may be trying to get Jimmy Butler.

Edited by GhostMachine

Jimmy Butler, known team-first player, will no doubt fit in well with the harmonious relationship between Paul and Harden.

The Lakers are sending Bonga, Wagner and Jemerrio Jones to the Magic to make contract space, which I believe means they don't currently have enough players under contract to field a five person team.

• Haha 1