NBA 2018-2019 Season

Pooker

Also? Hats frigging off to Nick Nurse. How many head coaches win a championship in their first year? 

Just now, The Chiksrara Special said:

Maybe it's the championship excitement but Doris Burke is way attractive

My buddy and I have major crushes on her and I have no idea how to explain it.

14 minutes ago, Malenko said:

Patrick McCaw, who's been in the league for 3 years is now a 3x NBA champion!

what a mercenary

10 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I love the Raptors so much. Like I mean I would still cheer for the Bulls if they ever miraculously get their shit together but the Raptors are such a great team with a bunch of great dudes. How can you not want the best for them?

See the source image

:shifty:

Despite that I'm happy for the Raptors, and it's great that Nick Nurse has achieved this after all his success in the British Basketball League. Even if it never produces any NBA talent at least we produced an NBA championship winning coach!

• Like 1

Due to not feeling well last night, I missed the game. Happy for the Raptors and their fans. Bummed out for Klay Thompson. Really happy got Jeremy Lin.

This summer is going to be really interesting now. Does Kawhi stay with Toronto? What kind of contracts do teams offer to Thompson and Durant? And next season...is a team lead by just Curry and Draymond Green good enough in the West?

Man, what a mix bag of emotions for me. The Raps were always my East team, and for them to win this way with Kawhi after the whole thing leaving the Spurs, and the Raps treating DeMar like trash. Fuck, it paid off, but I'm like sad for DeMar, devastated for us (because seriously, this guy is supposed to lead our team to do all this :( ), super happy for Kyle who deserves it a ton, feel awful for Klay who was having a hell of a game, and pretty cool for guys like Serge and Gasol as well. Glad that Kawhi proved Pops wrong when he said Kawhi wasn't a leader, because I love Pops, but that was obviously bullshit pettiness. Very uncharacteristic of him, and I hope he reflects on shit like that because it did not feel good.

Insane season in the end. Ridiculous that Kawhi isn't going to be crowned league MVP (because he, Giannis, KD or Dame were the only ones really deserving of it).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

He tore his ACL.

Steve Kerr said that Klay came off the court and told him "two minutes rest and I'll be ready" after a devastating knee injury. The dude is a warrior, literally as well as being employed as one.

It's kind of just that as talented as Embiid and Simmons are, it's clear that Butler is the straw that stirs that drink and is the take charge guy on that team. With no Butler, they don't push Toronto as far as they did. Simmons is someone who, so far, shies away from the bright lights of big games, and Embiid is remarkable, but only when he feels like playing. Butler was the one out there busting his ass all playoffs. I think a lot of people believed he'd be back next season to take the Sixers even deeper into the playoffs. 

Granted, he could very well just re-sign with them and it's all moot, anyway. But there's going to at least be some doubt now in the minds of the fans. 

1 hour ago, Eric Buschenhagen said:

Can't wait for the Knicks to strike out on everybody.

I feel the same about the Jazz. Bunch of talk out here about going after Tobias Harris, D'Angelo Russell, or trading for Mike Conley, but in the back of my mind, I know we're going to end up with Jeremy Lin.