Sign in to follow this  
Gazz

Football Manager 2019

Lineker    35,314

Maybe you're not rotating enough?

metalman    15,313

That used to happen to me quite often on previous FM games. Though not, oddly enough, on the one season I've completed on FM 19.

metalman    15,313

One of the things I would like someone else to do (I’m too lazy) is to fix the revenue imbalances that make modern football so shitty so I can live in a kind of fantasy dreamland. Make it so 16 out of the 32 Champions League places aren’t given to clubs from a mere four countries for instance. Redress the money situation that means a mediocre English club can assemble a much better team than a former great like Ajax simply because they are part of a larger market.

Or maybe even create a multiple level world super league type thing so every club has access to the same revenue stream.

Edited by metalman

MDK    24,182
48 minutes ago, metalman said:

Or maybe even create a multiple level world super league type thing so every club has access to the same revenue stream.

Check on the Steam workshop. There might be a world league on there somewhere.

Gazz    54,872
18 hours ago, Lineker said:

Maybe you're not rotating enough?

I got told by a mod over at SI forums that I should just change my tactic at that point. Doesn't really make sense though, it's not like Jurgen Klopp sat there on 29th December and thought to himself 'Well, we're currently top of the league and winning the vast majority of our games with my 4-2-3-1, better change it up to a 3-4-3 and sign Peter Crouch just in case'.

• Like 1

Liam Mk2    4,382
52 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I got told by a mod over at SI forums that I should just change my tactic at that point. Doesn't really make sense though, it's not like Jurgen Klopp sat there on 29th December and thought to himself 'Well, we're currently top of the league and winning the vast majority of our games with my 4-2-3-1, better change it up to a 3-4-3 and sign Peter Crouch just in case'.

They just said "change your tactic"??

I find a lot of the mods over there don't really care much for criticism of how the game often makes no sense.

I haven't played as much this year as previous editions but I have definitely noticed that the match engine is somewhat a giant steaming piece of turd. So much so that I think switching to commentary only may be for the best in future.

Hobo    10,951

full rotate your squad every game in January

it's the only way

9 to 5    12,759
16 hours ago, Gazz said:

Kris Dorey is a wanker.

DavidMarrio    4,039

I find a lot of the mods at SI and even Miles himself can be arsey when it comes to constructive criticism regarding the game. 

19 hours ago, Gazz said:

Tbf we have been a bit crap in 2019 so far. Maybe that's what we needed to do but Burnley beat us to getting Crouch

Baddar    108,666

Still maintain that Miles is a knob. Said it for years.

• Like 2

Liam Mk2    4,382
1 minute ago, Baddar said:

Still maintain that Miles is a knob. Said it for years.

This. I can’t stand the guy. 

I reckon he’s a real nasty bloke to work for as well.

Just Joe    2,565
On 04/02/2019 at 10:41, Liam Mk2 said:

In a nutshell, you now customise training closer to what you would in reality. 

You have three sessions per day in which you can choose different training activities so you can focus on particular weaknesses to give you a slight boost before a game etc.

Can even let the lads loose on a curry night. 

I tend to find I end up loose the day after curry night. 

• Like 1

Naitch    2,109
On 31/01/2019 at 11:59, Naitch said:

(FM12) Just got sacked from the England job after 13 years following 5 defeats in 7 games, including 2 against Australia in the 2029 Confederations Cup. During that time I won the 2022 and 2026 World Cups, as well as the 2025 Confederations Cup, with my closest taste of success in the Euros being a semi final against eventual winners Holland in 2028. I'd say that the sacking was fair if I hadn't been top of my World Cup qualifying group with 6 wins out of 6 and zero goals conceded. The only real life player still making the squad regularly is Nathaniel Chalobah, with Jack Butland being a 36 year old fringe third choice keeper depending on the club form of my younger choices.

None of that really matters as I'm doing the Sir Alex Ferguson Challenge with Norwich, who I only need to win the Premier League with twice more (four more for in-game Fergie) to complete the challenge like for like, plus a few more domestic, European, and international cups along the way. I've won the league 11 years running so I'm not expecting it to be too difficult. Possibly the most interesting thing is that Fulham became the only other top non-Manchester side in the 2020s despite following a similar trajectory to real life in the previous decade.

Might still take on another international job and try to get some cheeky revenge on England if an interesting one pops up. :devil:

UPDATE: Laurent Blanc resigned because could only take England to 3rd place in the 2030 World Cup. I've ended up taking my old job back again after less than a year because it was the first decent international role to pop up again. I had been offered the Turkey role in November but refused because they hadn't qualified. All in all an odd chain of events.

MDK    24,182

Is there any way to get an underlapping centre back?

9 to 5    12,759
8 minutes ago, MDK said:

Put weights in his pockets.

• Like 2

MDK    24,182
1 hour ago, 9 to 5 said:

Put weights in his pockets.

Shut up

• Like 1

MexicoJack    4,449
7 hours ago, MDK said:

Aymeric Laporte. Good dribbling for a centre back, excellent passing, technique and positioning. Most of the right PPMs as well - Runs with Ball through Centre, Brings ball out of defence, tries to play way out of trouble. He just needs get forward at all times and moves into opposition area and you're set. Set him to a ball playing defender if you're not playing a libero in a 3 man defence.

metalman    15,313

Do the sports scientists do anything? I mean, I know they send me that risk report that I never read, but do they do anything aside from that?

Gazz    54,872

In my experience, they don't turn up for lectures and wear those slip-on Adidas sandals with white sports socks.

MexicoJack    4,449
9 hours ago, metalman said:

Do the sports scientists do anything? I mean, I know they send me that risk report that I never read, but do they do anything aside from that?

They don't do anything else. Next year it should be different.

MDK    24,182
On 11/02/2019 at 01:44, MexicoJack said:

Aymeric Laporte. Good dribbling for a centre back, excellent passing, technique and positioning. Most of the right PPMs as well - Runs with Ball through Centre, Brings ball out of defence, tries to play way out of trouble. He just needs get forward at all times and moves into opposition area and you're set. Set him to a ball playing defender if you're not playing a libero in a 3 man defence.

Not sure I'll be able to convince him to come to Chicago...

Guess I will have to retrain some midfielders.

metalman    15,313
15 hours ago, MexicoJack said:

They don't do anything else. Next year it should be different.

Ah. I probably shouldn’t have hired five of them then. My Fenerbahce team got rid of Valbuena and his £81,000 weekly wage and I just went crazy and hired as much staff as I could.

Edited by metalman
  • Haha 1

MexicoJack    4,449
2 hours ago, MDK said:

Not sure I'll be able to convince him to come to Chicago...

Guess I will have to retrain some midfielders.

Pretty much. It's very difficult to get the right player for that kind of role.