NBA 2012-13 Thread

I'll accept anyone on the glorious Philadelphia Bynum bandwagon that wants to join it. Awesome seeing so many people going out to support this team that honestly really struggled to draw interest before last year. Basketball in Philadelphia is definitely on an upwards swing.

I wish I thought Bynum was good enough to make us championship contenders but I doubt it. However, he will be the best big in The East. The kind of low post skill that poses problems to el Heat. They still have Lebron, Bosh, Wade, Allen, Chalmers etc. so it doesn't matter that much. I think a playoff run similar to last years or better even is possible. Awesome quote from Doc reported by Collins, was that Bynum is the center that worries him the most...said the day before the trade. Collins was biting back a grin so hard I bet.

Joe Ingles won't be released and doesn't want to be. He's going to stay in Spain for at least the next year. Ballsy move as I would imagine he'll be forgotten about by this time next year (and will be 25). It's a shame as I was hoping the Wolves would try and nab him since he could easily cover 2&3 and would be perfect insurance on Roy's knees and I was hoping would jump at the chance to join any NBA team.

I'll accept anyone on the glorious Philadelphia Bynum bandwagon that wants to join it. Awesome seeing so many people going out to support this team that honestly really struggled to draw interest before last year. Basketball in Philadelphia is definitely on an upwards swing.

I wish I thought Bynum was good enough to make us championship contenders but I doubt it. However, he will be the best big in The East. The kind of low post skill that poses problems to el Heat. They still have Lebron, Bosh, Wade, Allen, Chalmers etc. so it doesn't matter that much. I think a playoff run similar to last years or better even is possible. Awesome quote from Doc reported by Collins, was that Bynum is the center that worries him the most...said the day before the trade. Collins was biting back a grin so hard I bet.

I haven't watched basketball regularly since I was a kid, and even then my team of choice was the hated Celtics. I have taken no shame the last few years in saying I'm a bandwagon 76ers fan (I've been a Phillies, Eagles and Flyers fan all my life), cheering for them when they make the playoffs but otherwise not giving two craps about them.

That being said, the Bynum trade actually does excite me. I hope their able to resign him. It could be the thing that permanently re-sparks my interest in basketball fulltime

Bynum is a real interesting grab for Philly which has been looking for a legitimate star to replace Iverson for years now. Yes, they'll never be as popular as the Flyers, but that doesn't matter. Their basketball team has the best center in the East and an intriguing young core that, if it strikes gold in the upcoming free agency class can establish themselves among the conference's elites. They have a ton of money coming off the books to sign some pieces to join Bynum. The scenario is actually really good for them to lock Bynum in long term and grab some help on the floor for him. They'll probably have to throw down some money for Jrue Holiday next offseason, but they should still have enough money to sign some great floor players. If Holiday (22), Turner (23), and Bynum (24) all develop together and fulfill the potential a lot of scouts think they have the 76ers with the right luck in free agency and the latter half of the 1st round of the draft could really make some noise and remind the city more of the team from the 1980's than the short-lived glory years of AI and The Other Guys.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So predictions time people? I'm going to give mine anyway as I don't think too much is going to happen between now and the start of the season anyway...

East

1. Miami Heat

2. Indiana Pacers

3. Philadelphia 76ers

4. New York Knicks

5. Brooklyn Nets

6. Boston Celtics

7. Chicago Bulls

8. Detroit Pistons

9. Atlanta Hawks

10. Milwaukee Bucks

11. Washington Wizards

12. Charlotte Bobcats

13. Cleveland Cavaliers

14. Toronto Raptors

15. Orlando Magic

West

1. Los Angeles Lakers

2. Oklahoma City Thunder

3. Los Angeles Clippers

4. San Antonio Spurs

5. Memphis Grizzlies

6. Denver Nuggets

7. Dallas Mavericks

8. Portland Trailblazers

9. Minnesota Timberwolves

10. Phoenix Suns

11. Golden State Warriors

12. Utah Jazz

13. New Orleans Hornets

14. Sacramento Kings

15. Houston Rockets

Playoffs

Miami def. Detroit - 4-0

Indiana def. Chicago - 4-3

Philadelphia def. Boston - 4-1

New York def. Brooklyn - 4-3

LAL def. Portland - 4-1

OKC def. Dallas - 4-1

LAC def. Denver - 4-2

Memphis def. San Antonio - 4-3

Miami def. New York - 4-2

Philadelphia def. Indiana - 4-2

LAL def. Memphis - 4-2

OKC def. LAC - 4-1

Miami def. Philadelphia 4-1

LAL def. OKC - 4-2

LAL def. Miami - 4-2

MVP: LeBron James

ROTY: Damien Lillard

DPOTY: Dwight Howard

I'm expecting a Bulls/Heat/Lakers/Thunder final to their respective conferences, honestly. Rose will be 100% by then and Thunder will be even more hungry this time around. The Lakers were iffy in the pre-season, I watched their game against the Kings. If they can get more chemistry brewing and Howard can be a dominant center, they can win the finals. Heat won't be as hungry this year and I'd say Kobe/Nash/Dwight are the better of the super-teams.

James Harden rejects a 4/52 extension with OKC, wanted a full max of 4/60...

so OKC ships him off to Houston for Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb!

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Oklahoma City has traded James Harden to the Houston Rockets, league sources tell Y! Sports. The Rockets send Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and future draft considerations to the Thunder for Harden. Along with All-Star guard James Harden, the Thunder will send Cole Aldridge, Lazr Hayward and Daquan Cook to the Rockets, source tells Y!

Edited by Mofoticon

They had to sign him to an extension by Monday or he would be a restricted free agent after the year and if they weren't giving him max now, they wouldn't then so might as well get the most value they could.

I also don't see OKC all of a sudden not being a threat in the West. Harden was important but they'll still be a very, very good team without him.