2014 NFL Season

Dan

I don't think the Giants disgraced themselves today. The offensive line screwed them over with penalties, but it mainly just came down to a lack of weapons and the fact that they're simply not at the same level as Dallas this year. They were already facing a really uphill battle without Cruz, but Jennings has been missing severely as Williams seems to only rip out a good run one out of every eight carries. Plus the defense is just so banged up with DRC, Beason, Jenkins, etc.

All told, I think they've shown they're a middle of the road team. Their next few games could get very ugly but after that I think they can handle the Jags, Titans, Washington, and Rams. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they sneak out a win in one of the remaining Dallas/Philly games just because. But 7 or 8 wins isn't going to get you anywhere when Dallas and Philly both seem primed for at double digit wins and the Wild Card will probably require double digit wins as well.

Sadly 2015 won't be a season for the Giants to rally around Coughlin being on the hot seat, because I don't see him sticking around. This isn't really his fault, but 3 straight years of no playoffs is probably going to do him in. The only question is whether or not he is fired or if he simply "retires" like Kevin Gilbride.

• Like 1

I don't think the Giants disgraced themselves today. The offensive line screwed them over with penalties, but it mainly just came down to a lack of weapons and the fact that they're simply not at the same level as Dallas this year. They were already facing a really uphill battle without Cruz, but Jennings has been missing severely as Williams seems to only rip out a good run one out of every eight carries. Plus the defense is just so banged up with DRC, Beason, Jenkins, etc.

All told, I think they've shown they're a middle of the road team. Their next few games could get very ugly but after that I think they can handle the Jags, Titans, Washington, and Rams. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if they sneak out a win in one of the remaining Dallas/Philly games just because. But 7 or 8 wins isn't going to get you anywhere when Dallas and Philly both seem primed for at double digit wins and the Wild Card will probably require double digit wins as well.

Sadly 2015 won't be a season for the Giants to rally around Coughlin being on the hot seat, because I don't see him sticking around. This isn't really his fault, but 3 straight years of no playoffs is probably going to do him in. The only question is whether or not he is fired or if he simply "retires" like Kevin Gilbride.

Barring any type of miracle I definitely see Coughlin bowing out rather than get fired at the end of the year. Another mediocre 7 or 8 win season isn't going to cut it here and I think it's time for a new voice - but that's also been said the past three seasons. <_<

I need Denver and Pittsburgh to win, and I split half this week's football pool.

Good thing, too. Only working 10 hours next week :( .

At least my fantasy team showed up :shifty: .

Everytime I see Peyton without a helmet on, a quote from There's Something About Mary always comes to mind: He's got a forehead the size of a drive-in movie theater.

And behind that drive-in movie theater hides one of the greatest minds the game has ever seen.

So happy for Peyton. Remarkable amount of touchdowns. He's going to obliterate the record as is and that's with him missing the entire 2011 season.

At this point unless it conflicts with a Giants game I make it a point to watch Broncos games. I'm not a Broncos fan, but it's just so fun to watch Peyton work. Nobody knows for sure when he'll be done (he says he wants to play the last 2 years of his deal but if he wins another Lombardi...who knows), so I just enjoy him while I can. We're probably never going to see somebody like him again.

• Like 1

What I love most about Peyton is his preperation. I remember him talking before about spending an hour every day or something just practicing snaps and hand-offs. He is without a doubt one of the best quarterbacks to ever play this game. Genuinely a class act too, which makes this record all the sweeter, I feel.

Peyton's the reason I started watching football after I read a book he and his dad wrote. His competitiveness and desire to get better even when it doesn't seem like he can top himself is very admirable. Extremely happy for him! John Elway has done a great job rebuilding this team as well.