2019 College Football Thread

2 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

Chase Young is likely facing an indefinite suspension due to something from 2018. Details aren't completely clear. If I'm him I'm almost grateful since he's already a lock for first non-QB drafted this year and risking it all as an unpaid player who can get a massive injury at any time is just not worth it.

Which made me think - wonder if he/his camp reported it themselves so they could shut him down without making him look like an asshole for abandoning a potential Nathan Championship team. 

1 hour ago, livid said:

Which made me think - wonder if he/his camp reported it themselves so they could shut him down without making him look like an asshole for abandoning a potential Nathan Championship team. 

Nobody wants a Nathan Championship anymore. Damn kids.

Im wondering more if it’s something so bad that it’ll cause him to drop in the draft. I’ve felt for a while now he will go #1 over the flurry of quarterbacks expected to go high, but if this is something serious enough to make him sit out the last two months, it could hurt his draft stock.

I just don't see him taking money from an agent, which is apparently who the "family friend" is, as being so egregious that his stock would fall. It's not like he smoked some weed or something!

Edited by livid

A lot of good things and surprising things going on right now:

Minnesota is about to knock off Penn State.

ECU is only losing by one to SMU.

TCU is about to beat Baylor.

And Chad Morris may be fired sometime within the next 24-hours, as his Razorbacks are losing 45-14 to Western Kentucky. Yikes @Rey Cloudy

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Yeah. I’ve seen way too many Alabama comebacks to act like a big halftime lead means anything. :( 

It’s okay they’re get their automatic bid to the playoffs anyways

1, My sympathies to Cloudy, whose Razorbacks got whupped.

2. Fuck Alabama. Hopefully they get another loss before the season is over, and someone beats Ohio State also.

3. Surprised Georgia won by shutout. I expected Missouri to at least get a field goal.

4 to 130. Fuck Alabama.

• Like 2

Not necessarily. The committee would have a lot of explaining to do if it happened, should Ohio State, Clemson, Oregon, and LSU all win out. That'd be three undefeated conference champions and one-loss conference champion Oregon. 

But the odds are, one, if not two of those undefeated teams will lose and I don't trust Oregon to win out either. 

Also:

Alabama has a fairly weak schedule this season. All of their non-conference opponents are nothing to write home about. LSU at least played Texas.

I don't think they should make the playoffs even if they win the rest of their games. If they lose one more (the only game they *might* lose is to Auburn) and everyone Meacon mentioned wins the rest of their games, there is no way anyone can justify them being top 5, let alone a playoff team. 

Glad Penn State lost. Doubt it'll happen, but I hope someone puts it to Ohio State before the season is over.